Best Potato Salad Recipe
This is the Best Potato Salad Recipe I have ever had! It is the perfect recipe for a summer BBQ or pot luck dinner. It is so rich and creamy and has the perfect amount of flavor. Plus, it has just the right amount of fresh veggies to give it a little crunch. None of your guest will realize how easy it is to make and will talk about it for years to come.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (peeled, rinsed and diced in to 3/4 pieces)
- 4 hard boiled eggs (peeled and diced)
- ⅔ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup green onions (diced, white and green parts)
- ¾ cup red pepper (finely chopped)
- ½ cup sweet relish
- ¾ cup celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
Add 4 eggs to medium pot. Cover with water. (Water lever should 1 inch above eggs.) Cook on high. Once water begins to boil set a timer for 8 minutes. When done remove from heat and add cool water and ice immediately. Set Aside.
Peel and rinse 3 pounds of potatoes (roughly 6 medium sized potatoes.) Dice into 3/4 pieces and add to large pot and add water. (Water lever should 1 inch above potatoes.) Cook for 10-15 minutes (just enough to make them tender.)
Drain potatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes. (Leave longer if they are not fully cooled.)
add mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, mustard, onion powder, celery seed and milk to a medium bowl. Mix together until fully incorporated.
Remove cooked potatoes from the refrigerator. Then add green onions, red pepper, relish, red onion, eggs and dressing to the bowl with potatoes. Mix gently and mix until fully incorporated.
Chill potato salad for 45 minutes to an hour before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
*Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on Modernmealmakeover.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- I find that russet potatoes are my favorite with this recipe. But they can be substituted with red potatoes with the skin on or off.
- For a little more bite to this recipe add 1 more tablespoon of yellow mustard. You can also add 1 teaspoon of dill.
Calories: 320kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 7.6gFat: 14.5gSaturated Fat: 4.4gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 758mgPotassium: 857mgFiber: 5.3gSugar: 9.7gVitamin D: 8µgCalcium: 82mgIron: 2mg