This Bacon Spinach Quiche recipe can be made with a homemade pie crust or store bought pie crust. It is loaded with eggs, bacon, mozzarella cheese, spinach and green onions. Perfect for a casual family breakfast or fancy brunch with friends.
What are everyone’s thoughts on Quiche? Love it, or pass? I love quiche! It reminds me of a fun brunch with friends, or going on a fancy vacation. I have always thought quiche would be way to hard to make so I have never tried. Until today! And, let me tell you, it’s so easy! I feel silly for waiting this long to try it. I have seen quiche all over Instagram and Pinterest lately and I decided what the heck, I’m gonna try it. This Bacon spinach quiche recipe is delicious, and so simple to make and full of bacon, cheese spinach, and green onions.
How to make Bacon Spinach Quiche
I personally like a homemade pie crust but if you don’t have time to make one you can always grab a pre-made one from the refrigerator section at the grocery store. If you have time to make a homemade pie crust I will have a link up within the next day or two for my very favorite pie crust.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
If you are using a homemade pie crust roll out dough on a floured surface, if you are using a premade crust unroll dough on a floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out any creases in the dough. Place 9″ pie pan upside down on dough. Use a knife and cut at least 2 inches around pan. Fold dough into quarters and place in pie pan. Carefully unfold dough in the pan. Once the dough is evenly spread in pie pan cut any extra dough around the edges. I like to do a crimping pattern around the edge. It’s super easy and add a pretty design.
Whisk together eggs, half & half, salt and black pepper.
Layer in pie crust bacon, mozzarella, spinach, and greens onions.
Carefully pour egg mixture over bacon, cheese, spinach, and green onion layers.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over egg mixture.
Bake for 35-40 mins. or until middle is set.
Can You Freeze Quiche?
Yes, you can freeze quiche. I like to make them in batches so that I have one for later. Before freezing allow quiche to completely cool down. Then cover in several lays of plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. It will last in your freezer for up to 2 months.
How To Reheat Quiche
If you pre-made your quiche and froze it. You will want to let it sit in your refrigerator for 24 to allow it to thaw. This will help it cook evenly and keep the flavors. The oven is the best way to reheat the quiche. It keeps the the crust flaky and the eggs fluffy.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then cover the crust with foil and place in the oven. If your baked your quiche before freezing Reheat for 15-20. If your quiche was not pre-baked. Then bake it for 35-40 mins, or until cooked all the way through. To check quiche poke the center of it with a wooden tooth pick. If it comes out clean it is done.
Bacon Spinach Quiche
- 1 refrigerated/ homemade pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black Pepper
- 1 cup cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp green onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced spinach
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place pie crust in a 9" pie plate. You can also crimp the edges if you want a fancier finished look.
- In a large bowl add 6 eggs, 1 cup half & half, ½ tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Whisk together.
- Layer 1 cup bacon, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup thinly sliced spinach, and 4 tbsp. green onions in pie crust.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over bacon, cheese and onion layers.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over egg mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until cooked all the way through. To check quiche poke the center of it with a wooden tooth pick. If it comes out clean it is done. Remove from oven.
- Let stand for 5-10 mins. before serving.
- When cooking multiple quiches add 15 – 20 minutes to the cook time.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!