Enjoy this twist on a classic treat with The Best Frozen S’mores Recipe! These sweet, frozen treats hit the spot when you’re craving chocolate!
You’ve likely had your fair share of smores over the years, but not like this before? Be sure to try this simple and fun Frozen Smores recipe. They’re cold, sweet, and super flavorful, making them the perfect treat to enjoy when you want to cool down on a warm summer day!
When preparing frozen smores, think next-level ice cream sandwich. These frozen treats are truly good and have quickly become a staple in our freezer. We’ve all had our share of these treats warm by the fire, but have you ever tasted the fresh flavor of chocolate with marshmallows and graham crackers while cold? It’s an absolute must!
Why You’ll Love This Smores Dessert
These smores are great to serve on hot days when wanting to cool down and enjoy something sweet. There are so many good reasons to make them, but I especially love them because they’re:
- Easy – When it comes to making treats, I always look for simple recipes that won’t take too much time. The kids can even lend a hand with preparing these smores.
- Tasty – While finding easy recipes is convenient, it’s even better when they taste amazing. The flavor of these smores is amazing.
- Customizable – There are many fun ways to spice things up by adding different ingredients. Make them your way once you get the hang of preparing them.
Smores Recipe Ingredients
- Graham Crackers – You can’t have smores without the graham crackers, right? Make sure you have a packet or two, or maybe three, depending on how many of these you’re making!
- Chocolate Pudding – Instead of the traditional chocolate bar commonly used to make smores, you’ll need chocolate pudding for this simple recipe.
- Cream Cheese – It may sound strange because cream cheese isn’t in your average smores, but trust me when I say this is a must-have ingredient.
- Cool Whip – Grab your favorite container of whipped topping, whether it’s Cool Whip or the generic kind.
- Marshmallow Cream – Can’t forget the marshmallow cream, which will truly tie all the other ingredients together.
Want to go beyond traditional and make something even more unique? Try some of these fun and flavorful variations of the Frozen Smores!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese – Use strawberry-flavored cream cheese instead of traditional for hints of sweet strawberry flavoring in every bite.
- Vanilla Pudding – Instead of chocolate, try vanilla pudding to see if you enjoy the taste even more.
- Sprinkles – You can add sprinkles into your cream cheese or marshmallow mixture for added color and excitement.
- Chocolate Drizzle – Drizzle some chocolate syrup over your graham crackers as a finishing touch when serving!
Tips for Preparing Frozen Smores
- Make sure you’re using instant chocolate pudding mix for these frozen smores to turn out perfectly!
- Before working with the Cool Whip, allow it to sit out for a bit. It’s easier to work with when it’s not frozen.
- Place parchment paper in your pan before assembling your smores. It’s the key to keeping these goodies from sticking to the pan in the freezer.
The Best Frozen Smores FAQs
How long can I store these smores in the freezer?
Once you’ve prepared them, you can keep them fresh in the freezer for up to three months.
Can I use different variations of instant pudding mix?
Absolutely. When preparing these frozen treats, use your favorite pudding mix flavors for a custom-tailored experience.
What types of graham crackers do I need to use?
You can use any brand or flavor of graham crackers that you prefer. Both honey and chocolate graham crackers are an excellent choice, but you can use other flavors, too!
Can I add fruit to my mixture for the smores?
You can prepare a fruit-flavored version of these smores by adding chunks of strawberries, raspberries, and other fruits to your mixture.
Instead of preparing smores by the fire, consider making a frozen version of this popular treat. These smores taste amazing and are perfect to have as a dessert on a super-hot day.
Other favorite dessert recipes
- Orange Creamsicle Fluff Salad
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Bar Recipe
- Raspberry Cream Pie
- The Best Banana Bread Cake
The Best Frozen S’mores Recipe
- 1 5.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk 2 % or whole
- 8 oz tub cool whip, thawed and divided
- 12 graham crackers broken in half and divided
- 5 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- pinch of salt
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving extra parchment hanging over, so you can easily pull them out.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, and 1/2 cup Cool Whip until smooth and creamy.
- Layer half of the graham crackers evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Spread pudding mix into an even layer over the top and chill.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Fold in remaining 2 cups Cool Whip and a pinch of salt.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate layer. Place remaining graham crackers over the top. Cover with foil. Freeze 6 hours, or until firm enough to cut through.
- Pick up the overhanging parchment to remove the frozen filling. Place on a cutting board, using the graham crackers as a guide, slice the layers into 12 squares. Trim away any excess of the frozen filling.
- Enjoy while softened or store in the freezer in a zip top bag. If frozen, allow sandwiches to soften at room temperature 15 minutes before eating.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too! Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!