Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing is a great way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite restaurant at home. This dressing is easy to make and can be used on salads, tacos, burritos, or just about anything else you might want to add a little zip to.
What is Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing?
Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing is a delicious and versatile condiment that is made with tangy tomatillos, spicy cilantro, and zesty lime juice. This dressing adds a bright, bold flavor to salads, tacos, burritos, and other dishes, making it a popular choice for fans of the popular Mexican restaurant chain Cafe Rio. You will love this ranch dressing with my Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Barbacoa.
It is quick and easy to make, making it a great choice for anyone looking for an easy and convenient way to add some extra flavor to their meals.
Ingredients Needed for Cafe Rio Dressing
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
How To Make Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing
1-Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for at least 1 minutes, or until all ingredients are combined and dressing is smooth.
2-Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving for best flavor.
Cooking Tips for Making Tomatillo Dressing
- Use fresh ingredients: When making tomatillo dressing, it is important to use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.
- The right tomatillos: Tomatillos should be firm and bright green, without any brown spots or bruising.
- Fresh cilantro: Cilantro should be fresh and fragrant, not wilted or yellowed. Lime juice can be fresh-squeezed or from a bottle, but make sure it is fresh and not overly sour or bitter.
- Add other ingredients if desired: In addition to tomatillos, onion, and other flavorful ingredients to customize your dressing to suit your tastes.
- A little extra: If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding in some fruit juice, such as pineapple or orange juice, for a sweet and tangy twist.
Variations of Making Cafe Rio Copycat Dressing
There are many ways that you can change up this dressing to suit your taste. Here are a few ideas:
- Add avocado for a creamy, rich flavor.
- Try using different types of tomatillos, such as green or yellow, for a different flavor.
- For a spicier dressing, add in more jalapeños or use a hotter variety of pepper.
- If you don’t have fresh cilantro on hand, you can substitute dried herbs, such as oregano or thyme.
- Add in additional fruits or vegetables, such as diced tomatoes, chopped onions, or shredded carrots, for a nutritious and flavorful boost.
How to Store Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Fridge: Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer: You can freeze this dressing for up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw in the fridge overnight before using.
No matter how you choose to store this dressing, it is sure to remain fresh and flavorful for an extended period.
How long does this Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing last?
This Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing will last about 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
Can I make this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing ahead of time by storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. Just be sure to give it a good stir before you serve it, as the ingredients may separate slightly during storage.
What are some great ways to use this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing?
Some great ways to use this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing include using it as a salad dressing, a dip for veggies or chips, or even as a sauce for chicken or fish. Anywhere you would normally use ranch dressing, this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing would be a great substitute!
Is this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing gluten-free?
Yes, this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions or allergies. Just be sure to check the ingredients list before using, as some variations of this recipe may contain gluten.
How spicy is this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing?
The level of spiciness in this Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing can vary depending on the type of chili pepper used. If you want a little bit of heat, use a jalapeno pepper. For a milder flavor, use a poblano pepper. And for a spicy kick, use a habanero pepper. Just be sure to remove the seeds and ribs from the chili pepper before adding it to the dressing, as this will help to tone down the heat.
If you’re a fan of Copycat Cafe Rio recipes, you’re going to love this delicious Tomatillo Dressing. This dressing is perfect for salads, dipping veggies or chips in, or using as a sauce on chicken or fish. It’s also gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. Plus, the level of spiciness can be customized to fit your taste preferences, so you’re sure to enjoy this dressing no matter what! So why wait? Grab the ingredients and start making your own Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing today!
Other Favorite Copycat Recipes
- Copycat Sweet Pork Barbacoa
- Easy Copycat Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken
- Delicious Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip
- Applebee’s Crispy Chicken Wonton Tacos
- Copycat Crumble Birthday Cake Cookies
- Crumble Dirt Cake Cookies
Copycat Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise, full fat
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream, full fat
- 1 pkg. ranch seasoning mix
- 2 tomatillos, husks removed and cut in half
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed for milder dressing
- juice of one lime
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for at least 1 minutes, or until all ingredients are combined and dressing is smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container and refridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving for best flavor.
Have You Tried This Recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!