These Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos are stuffed with juicy chicken, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, and spices, and then baked to a golden-brown crispy perfection. The whole family will be raving about these delicious taquitos.
We love making Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos in our house. We have them at least every other week. They are so easy to make and the kids LOVE them. They are perfect for an easy weeknight meal, game day, or entertaining with friends.
The one thing I really love about these taquitos is that they are baked and not fried. Even though you are baking them in oven, they still come out nice and crispy. Make some extra taquitos and pop them in the freezer for a quick dinner on those busy weeknights.
Taquitos are very versatile! Make them with steak or ground beef, or for a vegetarian option, skip the protein and add some veggies. Switch out the flour tortillas for corn and they will be so delicious. Whatever you decide to add, your family will ask for more.
Ingredients Needed For Chicken Taquitos
- Cooked Shredded Chicken Breast
- Cream Cheese
- Lime Juice
- Salsa Verde
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Green Onion
- Shredded Cheese
How To Make Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos
1-Preheat oven to 400F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2-In a large bowl whisk together softened cream cheese, lime juice, and salsa verde until smooth and creamy.
3-Stir in onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions until well combined.
4-Add cooked shredded chicken and shredded cheese and stir well to combine all ingredients.
5-Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll them up and place the seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
6-Spray rolled taquitos with baking spray and baked for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
7-Serve warm with salsa, sour cream, or ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Toppings To Serve With Taquitos
- Shredded Lettuce,
- Pico De Gallo
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Sliced Avocados
- Ranch Dressing
What To Serve With Baked Taquitos
I’ve added some side dish suggestions to make baked Taquitos a complete meal.
How To Store Leftover Taquitos
If you happen to have leftover taquitos Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you are ready to reheat place them in a preheated 350F oven for about 15 minutes or until warm throughout.
Can I Freeze Chicken Taquiots?
Yes, you can freeze taquitos before baking them. Place taquitos on a lined baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. Transfer to a large ziplock bag and freeze for up to two months. When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 425F and place taquitos on a prepared baking sheet. Spray with baking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Other Favorite Recipes
- Mexican Taco Bake
- Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Easy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese also works well
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together softened cream cheese, lime juice, and salsa verde until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions until well combined.
- Add cooked shredded chicken and shredded cheese and stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll them up and place the seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray rolled taquitos with baking spray and baked for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm with salsa, sour cream, or ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!