This Easy Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip is quick, simple, and full of flavor. Smooth Velveeta cheese, no-bean chili, and a few spices, come together to make the most delicious Mexican dip in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. This is the perfect party appetizer for family gatherings or game day.
This Easy Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip is our go to appetizer for any gathering with friends and family. Whether it’s a holiday, family party, game day, or game night, this Mexican dip is always a huge hit. The perfect blend of cheesy goodness and the right amount of spices, make this queso dip a crowd pleaser.
If you have ever been to Chili’s you know what I am talking about when I say their queso dip is the best appetizer to eat with their homemade chips. It’s our absolute favorite appetizer and we love it so much, I had to recreate it at home. It’s quick, easy, and is made in our home at least once a month.
Besides serving it with your favorite tortilla chips, it pairs well with any Mexican dish. Serve it over rice, in taco’s, burritos, or even enchiladas. If you love this easy appetizer recipe, you are going to love our Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip and our Sheet Pan Chicken Nacho’s.
Ingredients needed for Chili’s Copycat Queso Dip
- Velveeta cheese: I used Velveeta cheese in this recipe, but I have also used the Kroger brand and it melted and stayed smooth when warm.
- No bean chili: I prefer to use Hormel no bean chili in this recipe.
- Milk: I used 1% milk, but you can use 2% or even whole milk.
- Paprika: Paprika adds a great flavor to this queso dip. You can always use smoked paprika if that’s what you have on hand.
- Chili powder: Adds flavor but not much spice.
- Cumin: Ground cumin is commonly used in chili dishes and adds great flavor.
- Cayenne: Cayenne will add a little heat to this queso. Add less cayenne depending on what you prefer.
- Lime juice: Lime juice is adds a little acidity to this dish. I prefer fresh squeezed, but bottled is fine as well.
How to make Chili’s Copycat Queso On The Stovetop
- Start by cutting up your Velveeta cheese into small cubes and placing them in your skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently until the cheese starts to melt.
- Add milk and stir until cheese has melted and becomes creamy.
- Add paprika, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and lime juice. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Now add in your can of no-bean chili ( I use Hormel) and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips. Enjoy!
How to make Chili’s Queso in the slow cooker
I love to make Chili’s queso in the slow cooker when we are having friends and family over for game day and all day snacking. It’s easy to throw in the crock pot and keep warm through out your party.
- Set slow cooker to the low setting and add all ingredients.
- Stir ingredients occasionally until cheese has melted and all ingredients are combined.
- For all day snacking, keep crock pot on low and stir if needed.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Enjoy
What Can I Use In Place Of Velveeta cheese
This recipe call for Velveeta cheese, and I personally love it. It makes this queso dip so creamy and delicious. If your not a fan of Velveeta cheese, you can substitute it with just a few simple ingredients.
- 3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Add the ingredients to a skillet and bring to a slow boil stirring constantly. Continue to make the recipe as directed below. This dip will be a little thinner, so you may need to add more sharp cheddar until it reaches your desired consistency.
What To Serve With Queso Dip?
Skillet queso cheese dip isn’t just for dipping chips! There are so many other things you can try with queso. I’ve listed a few of my favorites below.
Vegetables: Carrots, celery, bell peppers, and cucumbers.
Flavored Corn Chips: Nacho cheese Doritos and Fritos are my favorite.
Bread: Try dipping some pita bread or toasted baguettes in queso, so yummy!
Other Favorite Appetizer Recipes
- Easy Crock Pot Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- The Best Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Sweet And Sour Meatballs
- Homemade Guacamole
- Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders
- Simple Sticky Asian Glazed Meatballs
- Cowboy Caviar
- Rotel Dip
Easy Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip
- 16 oz. Velveeta Cheese, cubed. This is half of the large block
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can no- bean chili
- 2 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Cut Velveeta cheese into cubes and add to skillet.
- Add milk to skillet and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add paprika, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, and lime juice. Stir well to combine.
- Add can of no bean chili and stir well until Queso becomes creamy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips. Enjoy!
CROCK POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Set crock pot to low
- Add cubed Velveeta cheese, milk, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and no bean chili.
- Stir well to combine. Stir ingredients occasionally until cheese has melted and has become creamy.
- Keep crock pot on low and stir occasionally. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a copycat version and not Chili’s Original Queso recipe.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!