Garlic Roasted Potatoes With Bacon are the perfect side dish. They have a crispy outside and a fluffy inside. Topped with a the perfect amount of Parmesan, garlic, seasonings and bacon.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes Ingredients
One of my favorite things about oven roasted potatoes is that you can add just about anything to them. Depending on my mood I will add rosemary or chunks of onion to them. But, below is my favorite way to make them.
- Petite red potatoes – quartered
- Olive oil
- Cloves of garlic – minced
- Parmesan cheese – finely grated
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley – chopped
- Bacon – cooked and chopped
Hot To Make Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Recipe tips: You can turn this recipe into a one pan meal by baking the bacon in the oven. Then ditch the bowls and mix everything directly on the baking sheet. You can also make this side dish a little more healthy and completely remove the bacon.
Start by Preheating the to oven to 400 degrees. Then, grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Cook bacon in a large skillet about 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy. Then, chop the bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, black pepper, chopped bacon and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Add potatoes to seasoning mixture. Mix with a large spoon or spatula until potatoes are evenly coated.
Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking sheet. Spread them out evenly in a single layer. Put baking sheet into preheated oven on the middle rack. Cook for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes become soft and skin is crispy.
Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the top. Allow to cool for 2-3 to allow cheese to stick to the potatoes.
Do You Have To Use Red Potatoes?
You can use any potato that you like for this recipe. I prefer the flavor and texture of the red potatoes after they have been oven roasted. They have a yummy crispy skin and a soft center.
Other potatoes you can try.
- Russet potatoes
- Yukon gold potatoes
- Fingerling potatoes
- White Potatoes
I have even used sweet potatoes and they were so yummy!
Garlic Roasted Potatoes With Bacon
- 2 pounds petite red potatoes (quartered)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup bacon (chopped into ¼ pieces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet about 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy. Then, chop the bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, black pepper, chopped bacon and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Add potatoes to seasoning mixture. Mix with a large spoon or spatula until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer potatoes to prepared baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a single layer.
- Put baking sheet into preheated oven on middle rack. Cook for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes become soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle fresh parsley over the top. Allow to cool for 2-3 to allow cheese to stick to the potatoes.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
So many flavors in a potato side dish! Thanks for the awesome recipe.
This takes roast potatoes to a whole new level! Delicious and much requested in this house.
The best potatoes around! They cook up easily! Love the bacon on them!
This recipe was the perfect side dish for my bbq!
This looks so good..making me want to try it immediately..thanks for the recipe