This is my favorite homemade hot chocolate recipe! It’s so simple to make and tastes better than any hot chocolate you’ll get in a package. Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate is made with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, milk, peppermint mocha coffee creamer and vanilla. It’s sure to become your favorite holiday drink recipe.
There’s nothing better than sipping on a cup of hot chocolate on a cold Winter’s day, curled up by a warm fire. My kids love to make this Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate and take it with us in the car as we drive around looking at Christmas lights. This hot chocolate is chocolatey, creamy, rich, and has the perfect amount of peppermint flavor. Top it with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and bits of candy cane pieces. If you love homemade hot chocolate, you are going to love our Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate recipe.
Ingredients for Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is what makes your hot chocolate have that creamy consistency.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: I like the flavor of milk chocolate in this recipe, but semi-sweet will work as well.
- Milk: I used 1% milk, but you can use any milk of your choice.
- Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer: Adds a deliciously deep peppermint flavor to the hot chocolate.
- Vanilla: I like to use pure vanilla in all of my recipes, but vanilla extract will also work.
How to make homemade hot chocolate
Homemade peppermint hot chocolate is so easy to make. All you need is a saucepan and five minutes before you can enjoy perfectly creamy hot cocoa. Simply combine sweetened condensed milk, milk, peppermint mocha coffee creamer, chocolate chips, and vanilla into a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium high heat until all the chocolate has melted and is your desired temperature. Serve peppermint hot chocolate in individual mugs and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chopped candy canes if desired.
How to make hot chocolate in the slow cooker
Slow cooker hot chocolate is perfect to make when you are having friends and family over. Simply double the recipe below and add all the ingredients to your crock pot, stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until it becomes hot and all the chocolate is melted. Serve warm with whipped cream, marshmallows, and candy cane bits.
Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup peppermint mocha coffee creamer
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, milk, peppermint mocha coffee creamer, chocolate chips, and vanilla into a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat until chocolate chips have melted and hot cocoa is warm.
- Ladle into individual serving mugs and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and candy cane pieces if desired. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
Looks perfect! 🙂 One of my favorite drinks for the holidays.
This is one of my favorite drinks as well!
This is one of our favorites to make during the holidays.
Oh wow, this looks amazing. So cozy!
It is so yummy!!
That looks like the perfect Christmas hot chocolate
It is definitely a great way to bring in the holiday season.
Thank you so much for including slow cooker instructions. I’m going to be mixing up a big batch of this for Christmas!
I love making a big batch for Christmas.