Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate is a perfect Fall drink, made with pumpkin puree, milk, white chocolate, and pumpkin pie spices. It’s a creamy, delicious pumpkin inspired homemade hot chocolate that is sure to be the perfect treat for everyone!
I love everything about this time of the year! I especially love to pull out all of my pumpkin recipes, and this Fall drink is always on the top of my list of pumpkin recipes to make. It is so easy, delicious, and has very few ingredients, which I love. I like this hot chocolate just the way it is, but if you are a coffee lover, add a shot of espresso for a delicious Pumpkin White Chocolate Latte. Some of my other favorite Fall desserts include our Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and Best Pumpkin Roll Recipe.
Ingredients for Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- Whole Milk: You can substitute whole milk with half and half or heavy whipping cream. The texture may be a bit thicker with this substitution.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Cinnamon: I love the addition of ground cinnamon in this hot chocolate.
- Pumpkin Spice: Is a necessary spice when it comes to any pumpkin recips.
- Vanilla: I prefer to use pure vanilla when I am baking.
- White Chocolate: I prefer to use Ghirardelli white chocolate bark over white chocolate chips. I have found Ghirardelli melt better and has a smoother texture.
- Whipped Cream: I like to use canned whipped cream to top off my yummy hot chocolate.
How to make Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- Start by adding milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and vanilla to a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium heat, whisking until mixture has come to a simmer.
- Add in Ghirardelli’s white chocolate shavings and stir until chocolate has fully melted.
- Ladle pumpkin white hot chocolate into mugs and top with a generous amount of whipped cream. I like to add a few white chocolate shavings and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice to take this hot chocolate to the next level!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to make slow cooker pumpkin hot chocolate
If you want to make a large batch of white hot chocolate for a party, simply make hot chocolate in your slow cooker and keep it nice and warm throughout the party!
- Simply times all the ingredients by 4, and add ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Place setting on low and cook for 2 hours or until the chocolate has fully melted and hot chocolate has reached the desired temperature.
- Set out mugs and all the yummy toppings for your guests to enjoy with their pumpkin white hot chocolate: Whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, marshmallows, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Tips for making the best pumpkin white hot chocolate
- I recommend using a high Quality chocolate such as Ghirardelli’s to ensure even melting and flavor.
- Once the hot chocolate cools, it may separate slightly. Simply warm it in the microwave or on the stove top until warm and creamy.
- White chocolate can be substituted with milk, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate if you prefer.
- Use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling in this hot chocolate recipe.
Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 oz. white chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking until mixture begins to simmer.
- Add in white chocolate and stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Ladle pumpkin hot chocolate into cups and top with a generous mound of whipped cream, a few shavings of white chocolate, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Serve immediately, and Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!