Baked Cheese Tortellini is an easy weeknight meal that only requires 5 ingredients and has tons of flavor. Made with frozen tortellini, sausage, pasta sauce, cheese, and baked to perfection. This Cheese Tortellini will become a family favorite dinner recipe for years to come.
Baked pasta is a classic comfort food that can be made on any busy weeknight. Tortellini and ravioli are both great options due to their cheesy goodness. All you need is frozen pasta and a few pantry staples to make this delicious baked cheese tortellini.
Ingredients Baked Cheese Tortellini
- Frozen Tortellini: Frozen tortellini or frozen ravioli are both great options.
- Ground Sausage: I like the flavor of ground sausage, but it can be substituted with ground beef or ground turkey.
- Marinara Sauce: I love the flavor of our homemade marinara sauce, but if your in a pinch, store bought pasta sauce works well.
- Alfredo Sauce: Just like the marinara sauce, I prefer our homemade Alfredo Sauce, but store bought also works great.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella or a combination of parmesan or mozzarella taste great.
How to make Tortellini Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400f and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large skilled brown sausage until cooked through.
- Add marinara and alfredo sauce to skilled and stir to mix well.
- Add frozen tortellini to skillet and stir to mix ingredients well.
- Pour half of the tortellini mixture in the prepared baking dish, top with half mozzarella cheese, add remaining tortellini mixture and finish with with remaining cheese.
- Spray a large piece of tin foil with non stick cooking spray and cover casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, remove tin foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread and a green salad if desired.
Tips for Tortellini Casserole
- If your not a fan of sausage, you can substitute it with ground beef. If you do so, add salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Tortellini Casserole is a great freezer meal. Follow the recipe but just don’t bake it. Cover with foil and freeze. When you are ready to bake, remove from freezer and add an additional 20 minutes to the baking time or until heated through.
Other favorite recipes
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Taco Spaghetti
- One Pot Skillet Lasagna
Baked Cheese Tortellini
- 36 oz bag of frozen tortellini
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce
- 25 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 8 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Brown ground sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. When sausage is browned and cooked through.
- Add pasta sauce and alfredo sauce to the large skillet and stir to mix well.
- Add frozen tortellini to the skillet of pasta sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add half of the cheese tortellini to the greased casserole dish. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Add the remaining cheese tortellini, and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Spray a large piece of tin foil with non-stick spray and cover casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
Hi I’m in the uk can you use fresh pasta
Yes, you can definitely use fresh pasta. You will want to decrease the cooking time if not using frozen pasta.
Amazing recipe!! I followed the recipe pretty much but used hot sausage and added a little more mozzarella on top with a few shakes of oregano. Wonderful recipe that I will absolutely make again! Thank you!
I’m so glad you loved the recipe. Sounds great with hot sausage.
Will this freeze well?
Yes, it does freeze well. I reccomend letting it thaw overnight in the fridge before baking.
This was INCREDIBLE! easy to make and delicious . It has become a family favourite.Thanks for the recipe April!