Baked Cheese Tortellini is an easy weeknight meal that only requires 5 ingredients and has tons of flavor. You can’t go wrong with frozen tortellini, pasta sauce, cheese, and sausage. This Baked Cheese Tortellini will become a family favorite dinner recipe for years to come.
Ingredients needed for Baked Cheese Tortellini
- Frozen Tortellini
- Ground Sausage
- Marinara Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to make Tortellini Casserole
Tortellini Casserole is so simple to make on any night of the week. Frozen tortellini, ground sausage, your favorite pasta sauce, and cheese make this simple tortellini casserole a family favorite.
Preheat oven to 400F. Start by browning your ground sausage in a large skillet. When sausage is browned and cooked through, remove from skillet and set aside. Add pasta sauce and alfredo sauce to the large skillet and stir to mix well.
Next, add cooked ground sausage and frozen tortellini to the skillet of pasta sauce. Stir to combine.
Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish and add half of the cheese tortellini. Top with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, then add the rest of the cheese tortellini. Finish by topping it with the remaining shredded cheese. Spray a large piece of tin foil with non-stick spray and cover tortellini casserole. Place in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve Tortellini Casserole with baked garlic bread and a fresh green salad. Enjoy
Tips for Tortellini Casserole
- If your not a fan of sausage, you can substitute it with ground beef. If you do so, add salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Tortellini Casserole is a great freezer meal. Follow the recipe but just don’t bake it. Cover with foil and freeze. When you are ready to bake, remove from freezer and add an additional 20 minutes to the baking time or until heated through.
Baked Cheese Tortellini
- 36 oz bag of frozen tortellini
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce
- 25 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 8 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Brown ground sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. When sausage is browned and cooked through, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add pasta sauce and alfredo sauce to the large skillet and stir to mix well.
- Add cooked ground sausage and frozen tortellini to the skillet of pasta sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add half of the cheese tortellini to the greased casserole dish. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Add the remaining cheese tortellini, and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Spray a large piece of tin foil with non-stick spray and cover casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!