Thai Peanut Noodles are simple, delicious, and can be made in less than 30 minutes. Made with tender noodles, fresh colorful veggies, and tossed in a delicious homemade Tai peanut sauce. They are a perfect side dish to take to any BBQ or potluck.
Ingredients needed to make Thai Peanut Noodles
- Thin spaghetti noodles: Cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Red cabbage: Red cabbage adds a beautiful color to the salad and adds a nice crunch.
- Shredded carrots: Use pre shredded carrots or shred 1-2 medium carrots.
- Radishes: I love the flavor of radishes in this recipe, and it adds great color.
- Cilantro: Freshly chopped cilantro add great flavor to the noodles.
- Green onions: I prefer green onions over white onions, but both will work.
- Sesame seeds: Optional
Ingredients needed for Thai Peanut Sauce
- Peanut Butter: I prefer the crunch from crunchy peanut butter, but smooth works just as good.
- Soy Sauce: I always cook with low sodium soy sauce to keep the sodium content lower.
- Sesame Oil: Sesame oil adds great flavor and is commonly used in Asian dishes.
- Rice Vinegar: You can use rice vinegar or Apple cider vinegar. I wouldn’t recommend using white vinegar.
- Honey: Honey adds a slightly sweet flavor to the sauce. Can be substituted with brown sugar.
- Ginger, ground: I prefer to use ground ginger because I always have it on hand.
- Garlic, minced: Minced garlic in a jar is so easy to use and I love having it in the fridge when I am cooking.
- Red pepper flakes: Red pepper flakes are optional. You can add more or less depending on how spicy you like.
How to make Thai Peanut Noodles
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes until smooth.
- Drain noodles and immediately place them in a medium size serving bowl.
- Pour peanut sauce over hot noodles and stir to combine.
- Set noodles aside and allow them to cool. By adding the sauce to hot noodles, you are allowing the peanut sauce to absorb into the noodles and not just stick to the outside of the noodles.
- While your Thai noodles are cooling, you can start chopping your vegetables. Slice red cabbage and radishes as thin as you can using a slicer. chop green onions and cilantro.
- Add cabbage, radishes, green onions, cilantro, shredded carrots, and sesame seeds to cooled noodles. Mix well with tongs.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Tips for the best Thai noodles
- Chicken or tofu would be good in these peanut noodles, too!
- Cook the spaghetti until just al dente, otherwise it’ll become soggy when tossed with the peanut sauce.
- Pour peanut sauce over hot noodles. This allows the sauce to soak into the noodles and allows them to become more flavorful.
How do you measure spaghetti noodles
If you do not have a kitchen scale, you can measure your noodles by using a quarter. One serving of pasta is 2 ounces. You can measure the right amount of pasta by holding the bunched up pasta in your hand to a quarter. Once a bunch of noodles equals the diameter of the coin, you have the recommended 2 ounces.
What to serve with Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles are a great side dish served along side salmon, steak, or grilled chicken. Make this a complete meal by adding chopped grilled chicken.
More delicious recipes you will love
- Thai Red Curry Soup
- Thai Peanut Curry
- Bang Bang Chicken
- Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
- Homemade Chicken Fried Rice
Thai Peanut Noodles
- 6 oz. thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Add spaghetti noodles to a pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions
- While noodles are cooking, prepare your spicy peanut sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl combine, peanut butter, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ground ginger, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until smooth.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain water and immediately transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Pour spicy peanut sauce over hot noodles and stir to combine well. Set aside to cool.
- Using a slicer or a sharp knife, thinly slice red cabbage and radishes, chop cilantro and onions. If your not using shredded carrots from the store, you will need to shred or julienne your carrots.
- Add cabbage, radishes, cilantro, onions, carrots, and sesame seeds to bowl with noodles.
- Toss well to combine.
- This dish can be served warm or cold. Enjoy!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
I want to make it for supper tonight it looks delicious and the great thing is I have everything