If you have never had a BBQ Chicken pizza, you are in for a treat when you try this Recipe For BBQ Chicken Pizza! Shredded chicken, sweet and smoky BBQ sauce, bacon bits, and melted cheeses are the perfect combination of flavors to go with my quick and easy homemade pizza dough! Skip the takeout and enjoy our delicious BBQ chicken pizza in less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients for BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Vegetable Oil
- BBQ Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Bacon Bits
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cilantro, optional
Can I use store bought pizza crust?
I prefer to make a quick homemade pizza crust, but you can always use a store bought refrigerated pizza crust for this recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza. Unroll the premade crust on a greased baking sheet and spread out to fit your pan. Poke some holes in the pizza crust with a fork and bake for 7-8 minutes. Add toppings and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza
- In a stand mixer add yeast then pour warm water over yeast and stir. Add honey, salt, oil, and flour to mixing bowl and let the mixer run until the dough clears the side of the bowl. (If you do not have a stand mixer, mix dough well with your hands and knead vigorously for 30 strokes). Cover the bowl and let the dough rest on top of the oven while you preheat your oven and prepare your toppings, about 10 minutes
- Cook and shred two chicken breasts, or if your like me shred one rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan or a round pizza pan. With greased hands pull/shape dough into a rectangle or circle. Using your hands flatten and stretch the dough to fit the pan.
- Poke the dough with a fork, and bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and add BBQ sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, bacon bits, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle some more BBQ sauce over pizza and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza crust has become lightly browned.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over pizza and serve immediately!
Recipe For BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Using a stand mixer (*see notes if you don’t have a stand mixer) add yeast and pour warm water over yeast and stir
- Add honey, salt, oil, and flour to mixing bowl. Let the stand mixer beat dough until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with a towl and let sit on the oven while you preaheat and prepare your toppings.
- Preheat oven to 425F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Cook and shred 2 chicken breasts or shred one rotisserie chicken.
- Once Dough has had time to rest for 10-15 minutes, pull/shape dough into a rectangle or circle. Using your hands flatten and stretch the dough to fit the pan.
- Poke the dough with a fork, and bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add BBQ sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, bacon bits, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle some more BBQ sauce over pizza and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza crust has become lightly browned.
- Sprinkle pizza with chopped cilantro and serve immediatly.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!