I absolutely love this time of year! I feel like all of my hard work really starts paying off. All of the time I have spent planting and weeding seems so worth it when I find my first vegetable of the season ready to be picked. I was so excited when I saw that not only did I have 1 ripe zucchini I had 3!!! I skipped a day weeding and by the time I got out there to pick them they were a little big, but that’s OK because the zucchini that are a little bigger are actually perfect for making this zucchini bread. This is my favorite recipe for homemade zucchini bread. Its quick, easy, moist and so full of flavor.
This zucchini bread recipe is very versatile. You can add Chocolate chips for a chocolate chip zucchini bread, or walnuts, pecans, or raisins. If you choose to add raisins soak them for 30 mins. drain and coat with about 2 Tbsp of flour. Then gently fold into batter.
How to make Homemade Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread is so easy to make and like many other quick breads. It requires very little time to prepare.
The first step is to preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Wash zucchini and grate. For this Zucchini Bread Recipe I prefer to use the side of the grater that creates a thicker shred. I like to have the texture of the zucchini in the bread. After you have grated the Zucchini place shreds into a strainer. Press excess water out, and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl using the whisk attachment beat the eggs on medium speed for about 3 mins. You will notice that the eggs take on a cream color and begin to get fluffy. Slowly add in sugar and beat for an additional 5 mins.
Next, add in oil, vanilla, and zucchini. Once the wet ingredients are mixed together switch attachments. I like to use the paddle attachment.
In a separate bowl mix together salt, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Be careful not to over mix.
Pour mix into greased floured pans or pans lined in parchment paper. I prefer the parchment paper because it makes for easier clean up and it’s easier to get the cooked bread out of the pan.
Place into a preheated oven for 50-60 min. The easiest way to see if the bread is done is to poke a tooth pick into the center. It the toothpick comes out clean it is done if not it needs to be baked longer.
Remove from oven and let set for 5 mins. Remove zucchini bread from oven and place on a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!!!
Can You Freeze Zucchini Bread?
Absolutely, just like many other breads, zucchini bread is perfect for freezing. There are a couple things that you will want to do before freezing it. First, you will want to make sure that the bread is completely cool. Second, put it in a air tight freeze bag or storage container. The more air you can get out of it will help it stay fresher and not taste freezer burned. I typically like to use the zucchini bread before 3-4 months.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini About 3 Zucchini
- 1¼ tsp. salt
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° Line bread pans with parchment paper or grease and flour them.
- Grate 4 cups of zucchini, and place in a strainer. Press firmly and remove excess water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat 3 eggs on medium speed for 3 mins. Slowly add in 1⅓ cups of white sugar and beat for an additional 5 min. Add 1 cup oil, 2½ tsp. vanilla, and 4 cups of shredded zucchini.
- In a separate bowl add 2¼ flour, 1¼ tsp. salt, 2 tsp baking soda, 1½ Tbsp of cinnamon, and ¼ tsp. of nutmeg. Whisk together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet mixture and blend. Do not over mix. Add raisins, nuts or chocolate chips now if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pans. Bake bread for 50-60 mins. depending on pan size and elevation. Check bread with a tooth pick. If it comes out clean remove from oven.
- Remove from oven. Let bread sit for 5 min. Remove bread from pans and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Let cool and serve. ENJOY!!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!