This easy and delicious Slow Cooker Meatball Pot Roast is perfect for a busy weeknight! The meatballs are tender and flavorful, and the gravy is to die for!
Looking for a savory dish that you can make in the slow cooker? This Slow Cooker Meatball Pot Roast is the perfect meal to make on a cold day! Serve this pot roast over some creamy mashed potatoes, and you have a meal that the whole family will love!
What is meatball pot roast?
It is a dish made with meatballs and vegetables, cooked in a slow cooker. This particular recipe uses frozen meatballs, so it is perfect for those days when you don’t have time to make homemade meatballs.
Ingredients to Make Slow Cooker Meatball Pot roast
- Russet potatoes – Make sure these are cut into bite-size pieces.
- Carrots – You can use whatever carrots you have on hand for this dish.
- Yellow onion – Go ahead and cut the onion into chunks.
- Bag frozen homestyle meatballs – You can use homemade meatballs for this recipe, we’re using frozen to save time!
- Carton beef broth – We like using beef broth in this recipe, but you can use chicken broth if you prefer.
- Beef bouillon cubes – This will help to boost the pot roast flavor.
- Tomato paste – Adds a bit of acidity and sweetness to the dish.
- Lipton onion soup mix – This is a key ingredient in this dish, don’t skip it!
How to Store Slow Cooker Meatball Pot Roast
Fridge: This pot roast will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Freezer: Cooked pot roast can be frozen for 2-3 months.
Reheating: When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave or on the stove until warmed through.
Variation Options for Slow Cooker Meatballs
This pot roast is delicious as is, but there are a few variations that you can try!
- If you want a little spice in your pot roast, add some red pepper flakes when cooking the vegetables.
- For a creamier pot roast, stir in sour cream or heavy cream when making or reheating the dish.
- Try serving this pot roast over some egg noodles instead of mashed potatoes!
- Add in some frozen green beans during the last hour of cooking for a complete meal.
There you have it, our Slow Cooker Meatball Pot Roast! This is a delicious and easy recipe that the whole family will love. Give it a try today, and let us know how you liked it in the comments below!
Slow Cooker Meatball Pot Roast FAQs
Do I have to use frozen meatballs for this recipe?
No, you can use homemade meatballs if you prefer! Using frozen meatballs simplifies making this recipe when you are short on time. Adjust your time to account for the unfrozen meatballs, possibly 60-90 minutes less cooking time.
Can I add other vegetables to this pot roast?
Yes, you can! Frozen green beans are a great addition to this dish. Just add them during the last hour of cooking.
What kind of potatoes should I use for this recipe?
We like to use Russet potatoes in this recipe, but you can use whatever potatoes you have on hand. Just make sure that they are cut into bite-size pieces.
Can I make this pot roast in the oven?
Yes, you can! Just cook the meatballs and vegetables in a Dutch oven or another oven-safe dish at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-4 hours.
I don’t have beef broth, can I use something else?
You can use chicken broth if you don’t have beef broth.
Do I have to use the Lipton onion soup mix?
No, you don’t have to use the Lipton onion soup mix. However, we think it really adds a lot of flavor to the dish. If you don’t have it on hand, you can try using another onion soup mix, just don’t leave it out.
Slow cooker meatballs are an easy and delicious meal for the whole family. If you’re stuck on what to make for dinner, give this recipe a try because it is a one-of-a-kind recipe and equally delicious.
More delicious slow cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- Easy Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas In The Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken
- The Best Slow Cooker Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
Slow Cooker Meatball Pot Roast
- 4-5 medium russet potatoes, cut into bit size pieces
- 4-5 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into chunks
- 32 oz. bag frozen homestyle meatballs
- 32 oz. carton beef broth
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer chopped potatoes, carrots, and onions in slow cooker.
- Evenly place frozen meatballs on top of veggies.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk beef broth, tomato paste, bouillon cubes, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until combined. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours or until potatoes and carrots can be pierced with a fork. Be careful not to overcook or potatoes will be mushy.
- Once cooked, removed meatballs and set aside.
- In a cup whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Pour cornstarch slurry into slow cooker and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add meatballs back to slow cooker and stir well to coat meatballs.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!