This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe is so easy to make. All you have to do is dump in the 7 ingredients and set the timer. Then you will have a creamy and flavorful easy weeknight dinner. This pulled chicken sandwich perfect dinner idea for a busy family on the go.
This is the perfect crock pot dinner for days that I am going to be the go. I will typically take the kids to school and come home and through everything together. Then, go and run my errands for the day. Right before I serve it I quickly shred the chicken and then my families dinner is ready to eat.
In the summertime I like to make Grilled Zucchini with this. But, when I have a little more time I will throw together a Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad as a side dish. I will also put a little less bacon in the pulled chicken and make my Garlic Roasted Potatoes recipe.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Ingredients
If you would like a like to add a little cheesy goodness to this recipe. You can add one cup of cheddar cheese. Add it in when you add the bacon and green onions. I also did not include the buns in the calorie calculation. Because, this is a pretty versatile recipe that can be served on buns, tortillas, lettuce or even used as a dip.
- Chicken breasts – Boneless and skinless
- Plain cream cheese
- Ranch dressing seasoning
- Bacon – Cooked and chopped
- Black pepper
- Green onions – diced
- Garlic cloves – minced
How Long To Cook Crack Crock Pot Chicken?
Depending on how much time you have to cook this shredded chicken recipe. Will determine which setting to use on your crock pot. If you would like to start it in the morning set it on low and cook it for 6 to 8 hours. If you are in a little more of a hurry set it on high and cook it for 3 to 4 hours. Just make sure to cook the chicken to a internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How To Make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Start by placing the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing packets, black pepper, and minced garlic on top of chicken. Then cook the chicken on high for 3½ to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. The Chicken will shred easily when ready.
Ten minutes before pulled chicken is done cooking. Start to cook the bacon in a large skillet about 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy. Then, chop the bacon into ¾ inch pieces and set aside. Shred chicken in the crockpot with two forks. It also works well to use an electric hand mixer to shred the chicken.
Finally, add the cooked, chopped bacon and green onion. Mix ingredients until well incorporated. Serve while still hot and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Crack Chicken?
Yes, you can totally freeze this crack chicken crockpot recipe. First, you will want to let the chicken cool to room temperature. Then, put it in a freezer- safe Tupperware or freezer bags. Remove as much air as possible to avoid freezer burn. You can store it in your freezer for up to 3 months.
The best way to reheat the crack chicken. Is to place it in the refrigerator over night to let it thaw. Then, you can get the portion you want and reheat in the oven or microwave. Once you have thawed the chicken do not refreeze it.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 2 1 ounce ranch seasoning packets
- 1 pound bacon (cooked and cut into ¾ pieces)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ⅓ cup green onion (diced)
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing packets, black pepper, and minced garlic on top of chicken.
- Cook on high for 3½ to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. The Chicken will shred easily when ready.
- Ten minutes before pulled chicken is done cooking, start to cook the bacon in a large skillet about 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy. Then, chop the bacon into ¾ inch pieces and set aside.
- Shred chicken in the crock pot with two forks.
- Add cooked and chopped bacon and green onion. Then combined ingredients until well incorporated.
- Serve while still hot. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!