This Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe is perfect for those hot summer days when your dreaming of laying on a beach somewhere on a tropical island! Am I right? The ingredients are simple, but the flavor combination is so delicious and refreshing. This Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe can be made with or without alcohol, so even your kids can enjoy this yummy frozen drink!
Recently my husband and I went on a Caribbean cruise with a group of friends, and their strawberry daiquiri’s on board the ship were SO yummy. Since being home from our vacation, I have been on a mission to replicate Royal Caribbean’s strawberry daiquiri! I think this recipe is pretty dang close, and I can’t get enough of them on these hot summer days while I’m dreaming of being back in the Caribbean.
Ingredients for Strawberry Daiquiri
- Frozen Strawberries
- Fresh Strawberries
- Simple Syrup (sugar and water)
- Sprite (virgin version)
- Rum (alcohol version)
- Lime Juice
How to make a strawberry daiquiri
- Start by making your simple syrup. In a small sauce pan add 1/4 water and 1/4 sugar and heat over medium-high heat until boiling and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add frozen strawberries, sliced fresh strawberries, cooled simple syrup, rum( for an alcoholic daiquiri) or sprite (for a virgin daiquiri), and fresh lime juice to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and limes as a garnish.
What is a simple syrup?
Simple syrup is easy to make and is commonly used to sweeten cocktails, iced tea, lemonade, and other cold drinks. Simple syrup consists of equal parts water and granulated sugar, that is brought to a boil over medium heat to allow the sugar to fully dissolve. Your homemade simple syrup can be stored in the fridge for up to 30 days.
Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 16 oz. bag of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup simple syrup: 1/4 water 1/4 sugar that is brought to a boil in a small sauce pan until sugar is fully dissolved.
- 1/2 cup sprite (or light rum for an alcoholic version)
- juice from 1 1/2 limes
- fresh strawberries and lime wedges for garnish
- Add frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries, simple syrup, sprite or light rum, and lime juice to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with sliced strawberries and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
This was yummy! We are going to make it tomorrow too.