There’s nothing better on a hot Summer day, than a glass of ice cold Easy Homemade Watermelon Lemonade! With only 3 ingredients needed, this watermelon lemonade is possibly the easiest homemade lemonade you are going to make. With watermelons in season right now, you can make endless sweet watermelon lemonade all summer long.
Ingredients needed for Watermelon Lemonade
- Frozen lemonade from concentrate
That’s it! Only 3 ingredients to make this yummy and refreshing Easy Watermelon Lemonade. If I am taking this to a family gathering or BBQ, I like to double the recipe because everyone is always asking for more! It’s a definite crowd pleaser!
How to make Watermelon Lemonade
Start by cutting your watermelon into small cubes and adding them to a large bowl. You will want to pick a medium to large watermelon for this watermelon lemonade recipe. When your watermelon is all cut up, you will then add it to your blender and blend it until smooth.
After you have blended your watermelon until smooth, you will want to strain the juice so that your lemonade doesn’t have chunks. You will need a medium size bowl and a mesh strainer to do this. Start by putting your mesh strainer over your bowl, and pour your blended watermelon through the strainer. Once you have poured your watermelon juice through the strainer, take a spoon and push the pulp down to get all the juice out, and into the bowl.
Once you have strained all of your watermelon juice, pour it into a pitcher. Add thawed lemonade concentrate and water, stir to mix well. Serve your Easy Homemade Watermelon lemonade over ice and add a few chunks of watermelon on top! Enjoy!!
How to pick a ripe watermelon
Here are few tips on how to pick the best watermelon. There’s nothing worse than going to the store to buy a watermelon, getting home and cutting it, only to find that it is far from ripe and isn’t sweet. Use these 3 tips when picking your next watermelon.
- Pick it up: When you pick up your watermelon it should feel heavy for it’s size.
- Look for the yellow spot: Watermelons that sit longer out in the field, get a yellow splotch on them. The longer they are in the field, the riper they are. Look for a creamy yellow spot.
- Give it a thump: A ripe watermelon will have a deep hollow sound to it. If it has a dull sound, that means it is over or under ripe.
Easy Homemade Watermelon Lemonade
- 12 cups watermelon, cut into chunks. This will make roughly 6 1/2 cups of watermelon juice.
- 1 -12 oz. can lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups cold water
- Cut watermelon in small chunks. Measure out 12 cups of chunked watermelon and add it to your blender and blend until smooth. This should yield roughly 6 1/2 cups of juice.
- After you have blended your watermelon, strain your juice. You will need a medium size bowl and a mesh strainer. Start by putting your mesh strainer over your bowl, and pour your blended watermelon through the strainer.
- Once you have poured your watermelon juice through the strainer, take a spoon and push the pulp down to get all the juice out, and into the bowl.
- Pour watermelon juice into a large pitcher. Add thawed lemonade concentrate and water. Stir to mix well.
- Serve over ice and add a few watermelon chunks on top. Enjoy
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!