Who doesn’t love a classic ooey gooey rice krispie treat? This Rice Krispie Treats Recipe will take the classic rice krispie to the next level by adding sweetened condensed milk! They become chewy, gooey, and stay soft for days! Our Rice Crispy Treats are the perfect dessert and a great addition to lunch boxes for kids and adults alike!
Ingredients for the softest Rice Krispie Treats
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Marshmallows
- Rice Krispy Cereal
How to make Rice Krispie Treats
In a large pot add butter and continue stirring until it is melted and bubbly. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine. Bring the butter and sweetened condensed milk to a boil and cook for a minute or two, continually stirring. Add in vanilla extract and mini marshmallows and stir until marshmallows have fully melted. Remove from the heat and add in the rice krispie cereal and stir well to combine. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan and GENTLY press together with your fingers.
Let the Rice Krispy Treats set for 30-45 minutes before cutting into them. Enjoy!
Why Add Sweetened Condensed Milk
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely hate when my rice krispie treats become to hard to eat after only one day. By adding 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk to your recipe, your rice krispie treats will have an extra milky flavor, and will make your rice krispie treats stay soft for days. They are extra gooey and extra delicious. Once you make this recipe, you will never go back to the classic rice crispy treat recipe again!
Rice Krispy Treat Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16 oz. mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large pot, melt butter until bubbly.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, and stir until it comes to a boil. Continue cooking for one minute.
- Add vanilla and marshmallows, and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add rice krispy cereal. Stir to mix well coating all the rice cereal.
- Pour into a lightly greased baking dish and press GENTLY with your fingers to spread.
- Allow rice krispies to set for 30-45 minutes before cutting into and serving. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!