This is the best easy strawberry shortcake bars recipe and are the perfect spring and summer dessert. They have a soft and chewy cookie base and are topped with refreshing strawberries and a creamy whipped cream frosting for a perfect grab-and-go dessert option.
These easy strawberry shortcake bars are the perfect sweet, refreshing, fruity dessert for the warmer spring and summer months. They have a cake-like cookie base, making them an easy, portable dessert. I love taking these on picnics or pool parties. You can set them out on a tray to make them look cute, and everyone can just grab them as they want them. The sweetness of the cake and whipped cream balance perfectly with the tartness from the strawberries. Everyone will love this easy variation of a strawberry shortcake recipe.
Homemade strawberry shortcake bars are super simple to make! That is definitely an added bonus. When you are ready to make them, you will start with the cookie base. To make this, begin by beating together your sugar and butter until it is nice and creamy. Then you can add in your eggs, milk, and vanilla and keep beating the mixture together. In a separate bowl, whisk together your salt, baking powder, and flour. Once those are mixed, start slowly mixing them into the liquid mixture. Your batter is ready to bake! Pour it into the prepared pan and let it bake. Once it has baked and cooled, you can mix up the cream cheese frosting. This is super easy! Just beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. Then just spread that over the cake layer and top with fresh, juicy strawberries. Voila! Your homemade strawberry shortcake bars are ready to serve!
Why You’ll Love These Easy Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- This strawberry shortcake bars recipe is super easy to follow!
- The strawberry shortcake bars are a versatile dessert.
- The cake-like cookie base topped with the creamy frosting and juicy strawberries is the perfect combination of creamy, sweet, and fruity!
- These easy strawberry shortcake bars are perfect for picnics, potlucks, or a sweet summertime treat.
- This is an easy variation of a classic strawberry shortcake recipe.
Ingredients For Easy Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Cool Whip
How To Make Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Bars
1-Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2-In a large mixing bowl beat together sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
3-Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and continue beating until ingredients are combined.
4-In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder.
5-Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
6-Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Be sure not to over bake. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
7-In a large bowl cream together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and thawed whipped cream until creamy.
8-Spread whipped cream evenly over cooled shortcake and top with sliced strawberries.
9-Regridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Popular Substitutions & Additions
Strawberry shortcake always has, well, strawberries, but if you want to try a different fruit, go ahead! You could try this strawberry shortcake recipe with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, or even peaches or kiwi!
For a fun 4th of July variation of this strawberry shortcake recipe, mix blueberries and strawberries together on top of the bars.
What to Serve with Easy Strawberry Shortcake Bars
If you want something extra to go with these strawberry shortcake bars, you can always serve them with some homemade whipped cream to scoop on the top, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serving these strawberry shortcake bars with ice cream will make you reminisce about the strawberry shortcake bars that you used to get from the ice cream man!
How To Store Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Bars
If you have any leftover strawberry shortcake bars, they can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. If you notice the strawberries on top are going bad, simply pick them off and add fresh berries. When the bottom of these strawberry shortcake bars starts to get soggy, it’s probably time to throw them away.
Strawberry Shortcake Bars FAQ’s
Can I cut the cake into bars and have them on individual plates to serve?
Sure! I would let it sit in the fridge before cutting them, but you can definitely serve individual bars rather than the whole pan.
Can I make these strawberry shortcake bars ahead of time?
Yes! Strawberry shortcake bars can be made 1-2 days ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
Can I use Neufchatel cheese in place of cream cheese in my strawberry shortcake bars?
Yes, Neufchatel cheese can be used in place of cream cheese in this strawberry shortcake recipe.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Donut Recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- Delicious Strawberry Poke Cake
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes
Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Bar Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cool whip, thawed
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, huled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and continue beating until ingredients are combined.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Be sure not to over bake. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl cream together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and thawed whipped cream until creamy.
- Spread whipped cream evenly over cooled shortcake and top with sliced strawberries.
- Regridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!