This is the most amazing Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe you will ever eat! Made with a graham cracker crust, smooth cream cheese filling, topped with a sweet raspberry topping. It’s the perfect homemade pie recipe to enjoy at Thanksgiving and all of your holiday gatherings.
I promise you when I tell you that this is the most amazing raspberry cream pie recipe, and It will probably be one of the best pies you will make all year long. The recipe is simple and uses simple ingredients, and is packed full of raspberry and cream cheese flavor.
It’s perfect to make in the Summer with fresh raspberries, and even more perfect to make for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. This is probably one of my favorite raspberry dessert recipes, and it gets requested very frequently in my family.
Another reason I love this homemade raspberry pie recipe is that it’s an easy no-bake pie recipe. It really is the perfect dessert recipe for Thanksgiving because it can be made in advance and doesn’t take up any oven space on those busy holiday mornings.
Ingredients for an easy raspberry cream pie
- Graham Crackers
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Cool Whip
- Frozen Raspberries
How to make the best raspberry cream pie
This pie recipe is pretty simple to make, and the best part is you can make it ahead of time, so there is no fuss on those busy holiday mornings.
- Prepare the crust: Using a food processor or a blender, pulse your graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. In a medium size bowl mix together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until fully combined. Add crust into a 9 inch pie plate and press firmly until the the crust covers the bottom and sides of the pie dish. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
- Make Raspberry Layer: Whisk raspberries and sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until raspberries start breaking down and comes to a boil. In a small cup whisk together cornstarch and water until combined. Slowly pour in cornstarch slurry until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Make Cream Cheese Layer: In a medium size mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add thawed cool whip to cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Assemble Pie: Remove pie crust from the fridge. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over pie crust. Pour cooled raspberry filling over top of cream cheese mixture and spread it to the edges. Cover pie and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Serve: When you are ready to serve pie, remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!
Can I use a store bought crust?
Of course you can! If you don’t feel like making a homemade pie crust, or your short on time, feel free to buy a store bought graham cracker crust, or a traditional pie crust and follow the instructions on the box. But, if you prefer making your own graham cracker pie crust, or you definitely won’t be disappointed with our Easy Pie Crust recipe.
Recipe tips and tricks
- For the best texture and thickness of the cream cheese layer, I recommend using full fat cream cheese and cool whip.
- You can swap our fresh raspberries for frozen.
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese. If you forgot to pull it out of the fridge before starting, you can pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it up.
- If you don’t like having raspberry seeds in your pie, you can strain the seeds in a fine mesh strainer while the mixture is still hot.
Raspberry cream pie variations
- If you don’t like the graham cracker variation, you can use the traditional pastry pie crust. You can buy a store bought crust or use our Easy Homemade Pie Crust recipe. Just make sure you bake the crust before adding the cream cheese layer.
- We love the flavor of raspberries in this pie, but if your not a fan, feel free to switch it up and add different fruit. Swap them out for blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or even a mixed fruit mixture.
- If you prefer to use fresh whipped cream instead of cool whip, beat heavy whipping cream until it reaches soft peaks, and then fold into the cream cheese filling.
Should I use fresh or frozen raspberries?
Fresh or frozen raspberries both work well in this recipe. If you are making this in the winter and you can’t find fresh raspberries in the store, use frozen. I prefer to use frozen raspberries because I always have them in my freezer.
Raspberry Cream Pie FAQ’s
- Does this pie have to be refrigerated? Yes, you will want to refrigerate this pie recipe because of the cream cheese layer.
- Can this pie be made in advance? Yes, that is the beauty of this raspberry pie recipe. You can make it up to 2 days in advance. Just wait to top it with whipped cream just before serving.
- Can I freeze this pie? I wouldn’t recommend freezing this raspberry cream pie because of the dairy in the cream cheese layer. It’s best to just keep it in the fridge before serving.
Other favorite pie recipes
- Easy Mixed Berry Pie
- Homemade Peach Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Bars
- Easy Pie Crust
The Most Amazing Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 12 graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz. frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed can substitute with 1 cup heavy whipping cream, beat until soft peaks form
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium size bowl mix together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until fully combined.
- Add crust into a 9 inch pie plate and press firmly until the the crust covers the bottom and sides of the pie dish. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
- Whisk raspberries and sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until raspberries start breaking down and comes to a boil.
- In a small cup whisk together cornstarch and water until combined. Slowly pour in cornstarch slurry until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium size mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until combined.
- Add thawed cool whip to cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Remove pie crust from the fridge. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over pie crust.
- Pour cooled raspberry filling over top of cream cheese mixture and spread it to the edges.
- Cover pie and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve pie, remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too! Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!