Bacon Wrapped Chicken is the perfect family dinner. It has a prep time of just 10 minutes. Wrapped in thick bacon and finished with a brown sugar glaze. Baked until the chicken has a sweet and savory caramelized exterior. This recipe is so easy that your family or guests will think it took hours.
I don’t know how it is at your house, but my family loves anything with chicken and bacon. So I set out to find the best way to combine them. So I came up with this bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe.
There are couple things that I did not like about the other recipes that I found. First, the bacon on the bottom always seemed to be soggy. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like soggy bacon. Second, if I am going to have bacon I want to have a thick slice of it.
So I experimented with different spices, bacon and cooking methods. Until I feel like I had a juicy chicken breast. That was wrapped in a thick piece of crispy bacon with a sweet and savory flavor.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thick bacon
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken
The key to this recipe is that you need to cook the chicken on a cooling rack that is placed on a baking sheet. This allows the bacon on the bottom of the chicken breast to crisp up.
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil. Place cooling rack in baking sheet and set aside. Then, combine brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, ground black pepper and salt in a small mixing bowl.
Take half the spice mixture and rub it over chicken breasts. Save half of seasoning mixture for later top sprinkle on top of the bacon.
Next, wrap each chicken breast with 2 thick slices of bacon. Place wrapped chicken breasts, seam side down on cooling rack. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture on top of the wrapped chicken breasts and place on on baking sheet.
Bake bacon wrapped chicken breasts for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees. Or until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Depending on the thickness of your chicken breast. They could cook faster or slower then the time stated. So start checking the internal temperature at the 20 minute mark.
Remove chicken from oven and lest rest for 5 minutes. Then chop parsley and sprinkle on top before serving.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 8 slices thick bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, ground black pepper and salt.
- Rub spice mixture over chicken breasts. Save half of seasoning mixture for later.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place cooling rack in baking sheet and set aside.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 thick slices of bacon. Place wrapped chicken breasts, seam side down on cooling rack.
- Sprinkle remaining spice mixture on top of the wrapped chicken breasts.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees F. Bake until temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (Start checking the internal temperature of the chicken at the 20 minute mark.)
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over chicken breasts and serve.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!