I have been searching for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe for years! A cookie that is not to soft and not to crunchy, the perfect texture, and just the right ratio of chocolate chip to cookie dough. This chocolate chip cookies recipe is just right!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
When I was younger I used to hate dark chocolate but the older I get the more I realize that I actually love it! I prefer to use Semi-Sweet chocolate chips instead of Milk Chocolate. The difference between the two is in cocoa content. The cocoa content of semisweet chocolate is approximately 35 percent, while milk chocolate’s cocoa content is between 10 to 15 percent. Semisweet chocolate is similar to dark chocolate and is slightly bitter because of its high cocoa content. Milk chocolate creamier, smoother texture than semisweet chocolate because of the added milk fats.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using the whisk attachment mix together softened margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs until creamy.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Change mixer attachment to paddle. Slowly add whisked flour mixture into mixing bowl.
Finally add in chocolate chips.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop, place dough on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins. Make sure not to over bake. Cook until slightly golden brown.
Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet. Place on a wire cooling rack, and let cool.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Margarine
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1½ Tsp. Salt
- 2½ Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using the whisk attachment cream together 2 squares of softened margarine, ¾ cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 medium eggs, and 1 Tbsp of Vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together 3 cups flour, 1½ tsp. baking soda, and 1½ tsp. of salt.
- Switch mixer attachment of paddle. Slowly mix in dry mixture into the wet mixture. Mix well.
- Mix in 2½ cups of chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1½ inch cookie scoop, place cookie dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 mins. or until slightly golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Remove cookies for baking sheet immediately. Place on a cooling rack.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!