This irresistible BBQ Bacon cheeseburger has candied bacon, homemade onions strings, a juicy hamburger patty with melted cheese, and zesty BBQ sauce. This is the perfect bacon cheeseburger for your summertime barbeque with family and friends. One bite of this declicous BBQ Bacon cheeseburger and you’ll be hooked.
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Ingredients
- Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Hamburger Buns
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Strings
- Vegetable Oil
How to make Candied Bacon for BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
If you have never had candied bacon, you are in for a big treat! Candied bacon burger combines salty, sweet, and crispy in one delicious bite. This bacon will have crispy edges and a caramelized sugar coating when it comes out of the oven.
Start by lining a cooking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon slices on a sheet pan and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bacon. Place in a preheated 400F oven for 20 minutes. When bacon is cooked, remove from the cookie sheet and set aside. That’s it, an easy way to candy bacon!
How to make homemade onion strings
Crispy onion strings are so easy to make and taste delicious on this tangy BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger. Start by slicing your large onion into thin slices. Add flour, salt, paprika, and oregano in a large ziplock bag. Add eggs to a medium size bowl and lightly whisk. Heat 1″ vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. By the handfuls, dredge onions in egg and add them to the ziplock bag with flour. Shake well to coat onions. Once the vegetable oil is hot, drop the coated onion strings into the oil and fry until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil and place on paper towels.
How to make hamburger patties
In a medium size mixing bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. With your hands combine all ingredients well. Form ground beef into four 1/4 lb. hamburger patties. Grill hamburger patties on the BBQ grill or in a large skillet until fully cooked through. While patties are still warm, add a slice of cheese to each hamburger until melted.
Assemble BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
Start by spreading mayonnaise on the bottom bun. Add hamburger patty, BBQ sauce, candied bacon, onion strings, and top with the top of the hamburger bun. Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger is served well with potato chips, French fries, or our favorite Best Potato Salad Recipe
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- BBQ sauce
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/3 cup bown sugar
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 large eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out bacon strips, and sprinkle brown sugar over bacon evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. When bacon is cooked, remove from cookie sheet and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, prepare onion strings. Slice a large onion into thin slices.
- In a large ziplock bag, add flour, salt, paprika, and oregano.
- In a medium size bowl, add eggs and beat lightly.
- Working with a handful at a time, drege onion in egg and place in the ziplock bag with flour. Shake to coat.
- In a large skillet heat 1″ of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry onion strings for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix to combine.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties. Cook hamburger patties on the grill or in a large skillet until patties are cooked through. Add cheese and melt.
- Assemble your burger by adding 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise to bottom bun, add hamburger patty, 2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce, candied bacon, onion strings, and then top with hamburger bun. Serve with potato chips, French fries, or potato salad. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
Mmm, candied bacon sounds irresistibly decadent! What a stunning lunch or dinner idea.
Candied bacon is the best thing on this planet!