Grilled Zucchini is the perfect summer side dish. It has so much flavor and is ready in just 20 minutes. I am always looking for easy grilling ideas and this recipe is amazing. Your family will beg for this at your next BBQ!
Grilled Zucchini Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black pepper
For extra flavor you can add fresh squeezed lemon juice over the top. Or sprinkle finely grated Parmesan cheese over the zucchini.
How To Make Grilled Zucchini
If you follow these step by step instructions. You will have the tastiest and mouth watering grilled zucchini.
Start by preheating the grill to medium-high. Then prepare zucchini by trimming off both ends. Then cut them lengthwise into quarters. Place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
Next, add salt, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning In a medium bowl. Whisk together until well combined and set aside. Then brush on olive oil and coat entire zucchini piece. Then sprinkle seasonings over the top of zucchini.
Next, place the zucchini on the grill in a single layer. Cook each side 3-4 minutes or until tender. Make sure not to over cook them. They can become mushy and will not taste as good. When they are done grilling remove from grill and place on serving plate. You can garnish with parsley, fresh lemon or Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!!
Other Ways To Cook The Zucchini
If you don’t want to grill the zucchini. You can cook it on your stove top or in your oven as well. If your are going to use your stove top you will need a grilling pan. Over medium-high heat cook each piece 3-4 minutes on each side until tender.
If you are going to use your oven. Set it to broil and place the zucchini on a baking sheet with a cooling rack in it. Broil for 2-3 minutes then turn zucchini and broil for another 2-3 minutes.
- 1 lbs zucchini (small to medium)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Then prepare zucchini by trimming off both ends. Then cut them lengthwise into quarters. Place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add salt, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Whisk together until well combined.
- Brush on olive oil and coat entire zucchini piece. Then sprinkle seasonings over the top of zucchini.
- Place the zucchini on the grill in a single layer. Cook each side 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove zucchini from grill and serve.
Have your tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!