Cajun Chicken Pasta is a simple family dinner recipe that is ready and on the table in only 20 minutes. This pasta recipe has juicy chicken, fresh vegetables, parmesan cheese, and Cajun seasoning smothered in a creamy sauce. If you have been looking for delicious chicken and pasta recipes, you have come to the right place.
Have I mentioned how much I love dinner recipes that are made in 30 minutes or less? On busy weeknights I want something that is packed full of delicious flavor, and takes little time to make. This easy Cajun chicken pasta is so simple and quick to make, and I promise your family will be asking you to make it over and over. If you love our creamy Cajun chicken pasta, you are going to love our Cheesy Chicken And Rice and our Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta recipes.
Ingredients for Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Bow Tie Pasta: I used bow tie (farfalle pasta) but you can use any pasta you like. Penne, rotini, linguini, etc.
- Unsalted Butter: I prefer to use unsalted butter because you can control the salt content in your recipe.
- Minced Garlic: I prefer to use minced garlic in a jar because of how easy it is to use, but feel free to use fresh garlic.
- Chicken Breasts: I use boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you can also use chicken tenders.
- Cajun Seasoning: is a Cajun spice blend of paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper and oregano. You can also use blackened seasoning instead of Cajun seasoning.
- Salt And Pepper: Add more or less to your taste.
- Cream Cheese: Soften cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds prior to adding it to the skillet.
- Milk: I used 1% milk in this recipe, but you can use any type of milk.
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese: Will add the most flavor in this recipe.
- Red Bell Pepper: Remove the seeds and slice into thin slices.
- Yellow Bell Pepper: Remove the seeds and slice into thin slices. You can substitute one red or yellow pepper for a green bell pepper.
How to make Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions until they become al dente. Drain pasta, rinse it with cold water, and set pasta aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and continue cooking for 30-45 seconds.
- Add cubed chicken, sliced red and yellow bell peppers, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir ingredients until seasoning has coated the chicken and peppers well. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and peppers become soft.
- Add milk and softened cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce becomes creamy.
- Add cooked pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and coat the pasta well.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread or a green salad. Enjoy!
Substitutions for a healthier Cajun pasta
- Substitute whole grain pasta or Quinoa pasta
- Substitute olive oil for the butter
- Omit the parmesan cheese
- Use fat free cream cheese
- Use skim milk
How to store and reheat leftover pasta
Once this creamy Cajun chicken pasta has cooled enough to store, simply place it in an air tight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, place in the microwave for 60 seconds or until warm throughout. Add a dash of milk to make the sauce creamy again.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tsp. Cajun seasoning, more or less to taste
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add cubed chicken, red and yellow bell peppers, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add milk and softened cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Add cooked pasta noodles, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine ingredients well. Serve immediately with garlic bread or a green salad. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!