This Chicken Salad Sandwich is the perfect go-to chicken salad to eat with a buttery croissant or between two slices of your favorite sandwich bread. The crunch from the celery, crisp apples, pecans, and red grapes are the perfect flavor combination to pair with the creamy mayonnaise and greek yogurt dressing. Our Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe will be one you will not forget.
Ingredients to make Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Grilled chicken
- Greek Yogurt
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Onion Powder
- Croissants or Sandwich Bread
How to make Chicken Salad
This easy chicken salad recipe is made with boneless skinless chicken breasts or can be made with a store bought rotisserie chicken if you are short on time. If you are using chicken breasts that you have on hand, brown two medium breasts in a medium skillet until fully cooked. Combine chopped celery, pecans, apples, grapes and shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Add the mayonnaise dressing to your chicken salad ingredients and toss to combine. I like the added flavor of the Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard in this creamy dressing.
How to serve Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad can be served on a buttery croissant roll, between two slices of your favorite bread, on top of a bed of green lettuce, or eaten by the spoonfuls.
Tips for making Chicken Salad
- Can I make Chicken Salad ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare chicken salad ahead of time and let it sit in the refridgerator for a few hours.
- What other ingredients can I use? You can add dried cranberries, sliced almonds, granny smith apples for a little more tart flavor, and even pineapple chunks. Chicken Salad is a recipe you can experiment with and it always tastes great.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 1/2 cups grilled chicken, shredded
- 2 cups red grapes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 gala apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Grill chicken breasts in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until cooked and no longer pink. Lightly Shred.
- Chop celery, apples, pecans, and cut grapes in half.
- Add cooked shredded chicken, celery, apples, pecans, and grapes to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mayonnaise dressing over top of chicken salad ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Serve chicken salad on a croissant, or on a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me at (@modernmealmakeover), so that we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!