These Grilled Chicken Quinoa Bowls are loaded with marinated grilled chicken, quinoa, black beans, avocados, sweet corn, tomatoes and full of flavor. This is the healthier option of a burrito. All in a bowl minus the tortilla and replace the rice with quinoa.
Grilled Chicken Quinoa Bowls Ingredients
For the quinoa and chicken burrito bowl, you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cooked quinoa
- Sweet Corn
- Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cotija Cheese
- Olive oil
For the grilled chicken marinade, you’ll need:
- Onion powder
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Olive oil
Tips for the Quinoa Bowl
- Substitute quinoa with rice or cauliflower rice.
- Use fresh limes and squeeze the juice out of them instead of concentrate lime juice.
- Try them with grilled corn. You can grill the corn the same time you are grilling the chicken.
- Use ripe avocados, they should not have any bruises and should be firm and not mushy.
Grilled Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 large avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup black beans
- 3 large limes
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped and divided)
- 1 lime wedges to serve (cut into wedges)
- ⅓ cup Cotija cheese (finely grated)
- In a large freezer bag or mixing bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 fresh squeezed lime juice, honey, paprika, salt, onion powder, ground cumin and coriander. Mix together well and add in chicken breasts. Coat all sides of chicken well marinate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Heat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside and allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then slice it. (cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees)
- While chicken is cooking cook quinoa according to directions listed on package (make enough for 3 cups when cooked)
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onions and fresh chopped cilantro. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 fresh squeezed lime over the top. Salt and pepper to taste and mix well to combine.
- Divide quinoa mixture between 6 bowls evenly, then top with sliced avocado and slice grilled chicken. Sprinkle finely grated cotija cheese over the top and add lime wedges. Then serve.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
Some Other Great Recipes
- Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- Easy Green Chili Chicken Enchilada
- Best Baked Ziti Recipe
- Pasta Carbonara