Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos – This is such a easy crockpot chicken recipe that all you have to do is dump in the ingredients. Then you let your slow cooker do all the work, until its time to shred the chicken. You can serve this with soft or hard taco shells. Taco Tuesday will be your favorite day of the week!
Chicken Taco Crock Pot Recipe
While trying to find a way to make my crockpot chicken tacos tastier. I decided to add a little queso and a few other things to my chicken taco crock pot recipe. It turned out amazing so I thought that I would share this easy recipe with you.
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Roma tomato
- Green chilies
- Mexican cheese dip (In a jar or refrigerated)
- Yellow onion
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Taco Seasoning
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
The first step in make slower cooker chicken tacos is to add the chicken breasts to the crock pot. Next, dice the Roma tomato and yellow onion. Then, dump them on top of chicken breasts. Next, add taco seasoning, green chilies, ground black pepper and onion powder.
Cook the ingredients in the crock pot on low for 4 to 6 hours. Around the 3 hour mark check the temperature of the chicken. You will want to cook them to 165 degrees. repeat every 15-20 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Do not over cook the pulled chicken or it will get tough and not shred well.
Once, the chicken is fully cooked. Shred the chicken with two forks until it reaches the texture you like. Then, add in your favorite queso dip or Mexican cheese dip. Continue to cook on warm until the queso has completely warmed.
Serve your slow cooker pulled chicken tacos with either soft or hard taco shells. You can turn this meal into a dip by adding more queso. It also goes well on top of your favorite tortilla chips as a chicken nacho topping.
I love to hear feedback on my recipes. Let me know if you like this Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos recipe. You can comment below or send me a DM on any of my social media platforms.
I love this recipe because you can freeze some for later. Then warm it up for a quick dinner during a busy week. If you are looking for a great side to go with this Mexican dish. Go and check out my Authentic Mexican Rice recipe.
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- 2 Pounds chicken breast (2 Large chicken breasts)
- 1.25 Ounces taco seasoning (1 Package)
- 1 large Roma tomato , Diced
- 4 Ounce can green chilies
- 1½ Cups queso cheese dip (I used Tostitos medium salsa con queso
- ¼ Cup yellow onion
- ½ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the two chicken breasts in a 6 quart crock pot. Cover the chicken with taco seasoning, diced onion, dice Roma tomato, green chilies, ground black pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Shred chicken in the crock pot with two forks. Then add queso cheese dip and mix into chicken. Allow queso dip to heat up fully.
- Serve with tortillas, hard taco shells or tortilla chips and your favorite taco toppings.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!