Old Fashioned Instant Pot Goulash is a one of my family’s favorite recipes. Packed full of hearty ground beef, macaroni and just the right amount of sauce and spices. Made in a pressure cooker so it’s easy and ready to eat in 25 minutes.
Instant Pot Goulash
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (I used Prego traditional)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2½ cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Turn the the Insta Pot to saute. Add olive oil, diced green pepper, garlic and diced onion. Stir often until onions become translucent. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until completely browned. About 3-4 minutes. With a spoon remove any excess grease.
- Add beef broth, water, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Scrap bottom of the pressure cooker to remove any stuck pieces of ground beef and incorporate spices.
- Turn Insta Pot off and add elbow macaroni. Layer on top of ground beef evenly. Press macaroni lightly down into ground beef. Do not stir.
- Pour pasta sauce over macaroni making sure to coat evenly. Then dump in diced tomatoes.
- Put lid on Insta Pot and set valve to sealing. Select pressure cook high, high pressure. Set time to cook for 2 minutes.
- When goulash is done cooking. Turn of the Insta Pot and open valve to release pressure. Remove move lid and gradually stir in cheddar cheese. Make sure to mix all ingredients well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with more cheddar cheese.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!