This is the best Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe you will ever make. It is delicious, flavorful, and can be popped in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Our Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe is made with fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt, and fresh lemons. A slice of this yummy bread is perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea!
How to make Lemon Blueberry Bread
Combine Dry Ingredients: In a medium size mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
Combine Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl add Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and oil. Mix well with a hand mixer. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Add blueberries: In a small mixing bowl add rinsed and slightly wet blueberries and 1 Tbsp. of flour. Gently mix well to combine. Add blueberries to mixture and gently stir together.
Bake: Pour lemon blueberry bread into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Glaze: In a small mixing bowl add glaze ingredients and mix well. Pour lemon glaze over top of the bread and allow to set before serving!
How to make Lemon Blueberry muffins
If you prefer to make muffins instead of a loaf of bread, simply prepare lemon blueberry batter as stated below and add batter to muffin tins. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake in a preheated 425F oven for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. all purpouse flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest from one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- In a large bowl add Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and oil. Stir to mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and lightly stir until it is just combined.
- In a small bowl add rinsed blueberries(you want them to be wet) and 1 Tbsp. flour. Coat the blueberries well.
- Add flour coated blueberries to mixture and lightly fold to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add melted butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk until glaze is smooth. Drizzle glaze over bread and allow it to set before serving. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!