Looking for a quick and easy pasta salad recipe that is sure to please? Look no further than this Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad! This dish is packed with flavor, thanks to the combination of sweet canned mandarin oranges, spinach, craisins, slivered almonds, and homemade Teriyaki Dressing.
It comes together in just minutes, making it the perfect option for busy weeknights. Best of all, this salad can be served either cold or at room temperature, so it’s perfect for summer gatherings. So, whether you’re looking for a hearty side dish or a light main course, this Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad is sure to hit the spot!
What Is Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad?
This is a dish that originates from China. It is a popular choice for lunch or dinner because it is healthy and filling. The dish consists of spinach, pasta, and (optional) additional vegetables tossed in a Teriyaki dressing.
Why Is Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad Good For You?
The dish is high in fiber due to spinach and pasta. It is also low in calories and fat. The spinach provides vitamins and minerals, while the dressing adds lots of extra flavor!
Ingredients Needed for Mandarin Pasta Salad
- Pasta Noodles
- Spinach Leaves
- Slivered Almonds
- Mandarin Oranges, Canned
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How To Make Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad
1-Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2-In a large mixing bowl toss pasta, spinach, craisins, almonds, and mandarin oranges.
3-In a small mixing bowl or a mason jar combine teriyaki sauce, rice wine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, salt, and extra virgin olive oil until combined well.
4-Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Enjoy!
3 Tips for Making The Perfect Mandarin Orange Salad
- Be sure to cook the pasta al dente according to the package instructions. This will help ensure that the pasta doesn’t become mushy when it’s mixed with the other ingredients.
- Use your favorite dressing to flavor the salad. I like to use the Teriyaki Dressing for this recipe, but you can also use Italian dressing or ranch dressing.
- Add a little crunch to the salad. If you want to add a bit of crunch to the salad, feel free to add some chopped bacon or croutons.
How To Store Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad
This Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store the salad in an airtight container to keep it fresh. When you’re ready to serve the salad, simply give it a good stir and enjoy!
Variation Options For Spinach Mandarin Salad
If you’re looking for a bit of variety, feel free to mix up the ingredients in this Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a main dish.
- Substitute the pasta with quinoa or rice for a grain-free option.
- Swap out the spinach for kale or arugula.
- Add avocado for a boost of healthy fats.
- Use goat cheese or feta cheese.
The thing about making a salad is that you can add or take away anything you’d like. It’s time to get a little creative with this salad.
FAQ’S For Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad
Can I make this mandarin spinach pasta salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad ahead of time. Simply store the salad in the fridge in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve it. Add dressing right before serving.
Does mandarin spinach pasta salad freeze well?
This Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad will freeze just fine. It is best to freeze the pasta separately from the other ingredients.
I love a good pasta salad. They’re the perfect summer dish, easy to make, and you can customize them with whatever ingredients you have on hand. In this post, you learned how to make a delicious Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad that’s perfect for potlucks, BBQs, or any other summer gathering. Let us know what you think.
More delicious Salad Recipes
- Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad
- Mixed Berry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Mexican Pasta Salad
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Best Potato Salad
Mandarin Spinach Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. pasta noodles
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce thicker is better
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl toss pasta, spinach, craisins, almonds, and mandarin oranges.
- In a small mixing bowl or a mason jar combine teriyaki sauce, rice wine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, salt, and extra virgin olive oil until combined well.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!