Muddy Buddy Cookies are the perfect cookies for any day! These cookies are made with peanut butter and chocolate, which are so delicious!
Muddy Buddy Cookies are a delicious treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. These cookies are made with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, and they’re sure to become a favorite among cookie lovers everywhere.
The best part about Muddy Buddy Cookies is that they’re easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have these tasty cookies ready in no time. Stay tuned to learn how to make muddy buddy cookies!
What are muddy buddy cookies?
Muddy buddy cookies are made with milk chocolate chips, creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and several other tasty ingredients. These cookies are made to have the same taste as the popular Muddy Buddies cereal snack that are often made for popular gatherings during holidays!
Ingredients for Easy Made-from-scratch recipe
You can scroll down to the recipe card to get the full ingredient list.
- Unsalted butter – This ingredient will be used to cream together the sugar and peanut butter.
- Creamy peanut butter – Peanut butter will be used in the cookie dough.
- Granulated sugar – Sugar will be creamed together with the butter and peanut butter and used in the cookie dough.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar will be used in the cookie dough, it helps make everything perfectly sweet.
- Baking powder – You can’t make cookies without baking powder. Thick cookies are the best!
- Milk chocolate chips – Chocolate chips are melted and used as a filling for the cookies.
- Vegetable oil – You’ll need a little oil to coat your hands when rolling the dough into balls and for melting the chocolate.
- Powdered sugar – Don’t miss out on adding the powdered sugar! It’s used for coating the cookies.
How to Store Muddy Buddy Cookies
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. If you want to store them for longer, they can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Variation Options for This Homemade Cookie Recipe
There are so many ways that you can change up this recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Add in some chopped nuts to the cookie dough for a little crunch.
- Switch out the milk chocolate chips for dark chocolate or white chocolate.
- Add a little instant coffee to the melted chocolate for a mocha flavor.
- Experiment with different kinds of peanut butter, like crunchy or honey roasted.
No matter how you make them, Muddy Buddy Cookies will surely be a hit! This is an easy-made-from-scratch recipe.
Muddy Buddy Cookies FAQ
Can I make these cookies without chocolate?
Yes, you can definitely make these cookies without chocolate. Just leave out the chocolate chips. You can also consider using a different type of chocolate chip with these cookies (white chocolate chips would taste amazing)?!
Can I use a different type of peanut butter?
Yes, you can use any type of creamy peanut butter you want. You could even use almond butter or cashew butter if you want. This may take a little time to figure out which type of peanut butter works best in this recipe if you cannot use the regular kind.
How do I store these Muddy Buddy Cookies?
You can store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container. These cookies are also freezable, so you can enjoy them anytime.
Muddy Buddy Cookies are the perfect treat for chocolate and peanut butter lovers. These cookies are made with rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter and topped with powdered sugar. They’re best enjoyed when fresh from the oven, but they can also be stored in an airtight container! These cookies are so delicious!
More delicious cookie recipes
- Copycat Crumbl Birthday Cake Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Fluffernutter Cookies (Peanut Butter And Marshmallow Cream)
- Hot Chocolate Cookies With Jumbo Marshmallows
- Frosted Lemon Sour Cream Cookies
Muddy Buddy Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Continue beating until fully combined.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp. of dough and roll into a balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cookies will not flatten at all, be sure not to over bake.
- Remove from oven. Immediately take a small flat bottom cup or the bottom of a measuring cup and gently press down on the cookie to flatten them. Be sure not to press to hard or your cookies will turn out too thin.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Once cookies have had a chance to cool, prepare chocolate filling by adding chocolate chips and vegetable oil to a microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes, removing the bowl and stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, dollop the melted chocolate on top of each cookie. Allow chocolate to cool.
- Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!