Patriotic Jello Poke Cake is the perfect dessert for your Memorial and 4th of July BBQ’s! Light and fluffy cake with show stopping red white and blue stripes will have your family and friends raving about this Patriotic Jello Poke Cake.
Ingredients needed for Patriotic Jello Poke Cake
- French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Blue Raspberry Jello
- Raspberry Jello
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Powdered Sugar
- Patriotic Sprinkles
How to make a patriotic jello poke cake
Our show stopping Red White And Blue Poke Cake is so easy to make, but will look like you spent hours creating the red white and blue stripes within the cake. Start by adding a French vanilla cake mix, eggs, oil, and water to a medium size mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Pour cake mix into a 9×13 baking pan and bake according to the box directions. Once cake is baked and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted, let it cool completely. With the back of a wooden spoon, or medicine dropper, poke holes into the cake about 3/4 deep.
This is the fun part of making this cake. My kids love helping me squirt the jello into the holes, and it’s a great way to get them involved in the kitchen. First start by adding 1 cup of water to each bowl and microwave water until it is boiling. Add blue raspberry jello to one bowl of boiling water and raspberry jello to the other bowl. Mix well to dissolve.
Tips for getting the best stripes in your cake
I find that the best way to make the red and blue stripes very clean and crisp is by using a medicine dropper, or a squeeze bottle with a small tip. This allows you to squeeze the jello directly into the holes you want without mixing the colors and ending up with a purple cake. Take the medicine dropper or squeeze bottle and fill it with red jello. Fill the medicine dropper or squeeze bottle with red jello and squirt it into every hole in the first row. Next squirt hot red and blue jello into the holes until you have a striped pattern, and then cover and let it sit the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
After your jello poke cake has had time to sit in the fridge, it is time to add the cream cheese frosting. In a medium size mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and mix well. Add in softened cool whip and stir to combine. Spread cream cheese frosting evenly over the cake.
Add your favorite patriotic sprinkles and your ready to serve your Patriotic Red White And Blue Poke Cake.
Patriotic Jello Poke Cake
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 -3oz. package blue raspberry jello
- 1 -3oz. package raspberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 -8oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -8oz tub of cool whip, thawed
- patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat oven according to cake mix directions.
- Prepare cake according box directions. I used a Betty Crocker cake mix. This called for 1 cup water, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs.
- Pour cake mix in a greased 9×13 cake pan and bake according to box directions.
- Once cake has baked, remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- With the back of a wooden spoon or a medicine dropper, poke holes into cake 3/4 of the way down.
- In two microwave safe bowls, add 1 cup of water each and put them in the microwave for 2 minutes until they are boiling.
- Add blue raspberry jello to one bowl of boiling water, and raspberry jello to the other bowl of boiling water. Stir to dissolve.
- With a medicine dropper or a squeeze bottle, squirt hot red and blue jello into holes so that the colors will be striped.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium size mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar and mix well with a hand mixer. Fold in thawed cool whip until fully combined.
- Spread frosting evenly over cake and top with patriotic sprinkles. Enjoy!
- Cake should be left in the fridge until ready to eat.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
I’m making this today