Slow cooker chicken pot pie with biscuits – a delicious comfort food made simple thanks to the slow cooker! Full of shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, hearty potatoes, onions, vibrant mixed veggies, celery, and spices, served with warm, soft biscuits. This easy crock pot chicken pot pie will be one of your top picks for dinner in the cold winter months.
It’s starting to get colder out, and there’s nothing better than coming home to a piping hot slow cooker chicken pot pie. This recipe is easy to make, but it does require some hands-on time with the filling – don’t worry, though! With just a little bit of chopping and stirring, you’ll be able to enjoy this delicious dish in no time at all.
This creamy pot pie is so simple to make. You let the sauce/gravy cook all day, shred the chicken, and serve with freshly baked Grand’s biscuits when you’re ready to enjoy. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight, a cold, snowy day, or even for a meal during the holidays. Be sure to keep this easy pot pie recipe on hand for just about any occasion! Follow the steps below to learn how to make slow cooker chicken pot pie.
Why You’ll Love This Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Cleanup is so simple! All you’ll have to clean when you’re finished is your crockpot.
- It’s a people-pleaser. You’ll be hard-pressed to find someone, kids or adults alike, who doesn’t love chicken pot pie.
- It’s a very hands-off recipe. Once you’ve added the ingredients to the slow cooker, you don’t have to do anything else until it’s time to shred the chicken.
- It’s a warm, cozy comfort food packed with chicken and veggies.
Equipment For your Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting board
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Yellow Onion
- Mixed Vegetables
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
Add milk, cream of chicken soup, salt, paprika, parsley, rosemary, black pepper, and cornstarch in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir everything together until well combined.
Add chicken, mixed vegetables, onions, potatoes, celery, and butter to the sauce.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
During the last 20 minutes of cook time. Bake your biscuits according to the package directions.
Serve while hot with biscuits.
Storing & Reheating Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
If you do have any leftovers, this crockpot chicken pot pie will last in the fridge for 4-5 days. Move the mixture into a sealed container and place it in the fridge once it is completely cooled.
To reheat, microwave, or cook on the stovetop until warm. You can even put it back in the crockpot if you prefer. You can also freeze this pot pie for up to a month. Make sure that it is in a sealed container. You won’t want to put the biscuits on top prior to freezing. Completely thaw and then reheat either in the crockpot or on the stovetop, then add the biscuits.
Tips For Making the Perfect Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie With Cream of Chicken Soup
- Keep the crockpot closed as long as you can to make sure that all of the flavors soak in properly.
- If your pot pie mixture is done cooking, but you aren’t ready to eat yet, turn your slow cooker to the “warm” setting.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you don’t have chicken on hand, you can shred rotisserie chicken and add it into the mix. You can put it in prior to cooking, or closer to when you are ready to eat the pot pie.
- Not a fan of Grands biscuits? I think that they pair well with this recipe, but you could also use frozen brands, such as Mary B’s.
What To Serve/Pair With Your Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- If you would like something extra with your pot pie entree, add a side salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and croutons.
- My favorite dessert pairing with chicken pot pie is a warm apple pie or peach cobbler. There’s something about a fresh cobbler that adds to the comfort food feeling from the pot pie.
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits FAQs
Can I use a different kind of biscuits with this pot pie?
Sure, use whichever kind of biscuits are your favorite. You could even use homemade.
Do I have to use the pre-mixed frozen veggies or can I choose my own?
You can definitely use your own mix of veggies. I’ve just found that all of my favorites for this pot pie recipe are already included in the mix.
Can I use another variation of cream soup?
Of course! Cream of chicken definitely mixes well with the flavors and spices in this pot pie recipe, but you can also use cream of celery or cream of mushroom in yours. It will still be delicious!
More Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Chicken & Rice (With Frozen Veggies!)
- Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken
- The BEST Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken (Pulled Breast Meat)
- Crockpot Pork Carnitas
Be Sure To Come Back And Let Us Know How Your Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Turned Out!
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 4 medium yellow potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- ⅓ cup celery (diced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 (16 oz) grand biscuits (8 count)
- Add milk, cream of chicken soup, salt, paprika, parsley, rosemary, black pepper, and cornstarch int a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Add chicken, mixed vegetables, onions, potatoes, celery, and butter to the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add shredded chicken back into the slower cooker and stir until well combined.
- During the last 20 minutes of cook time. Bake your biscuits according to the package directions.
- Serve while hot with biscuits.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear about your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!