This is one of my go to recipes when I want a have a craving for BBQ, but I don’t have the time to fire up the grill. This Crock Pot BBQ chicken has so much flavor and all you have to do is dump a few ingredients in a slow cooker. You can thank me later for this super easy BBQ pulled chicken recipe.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
I love this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe. I can throw a few things in the crock pot in less then 10 minutes and go about my day. It is perfect to pre make for the week ahead and warm it up when your family is on the go. All you need is a slow cooker, chicken, BBQ sauce and a few spices. One tip I have learned with this recipe is that you don’t want to over cook the chicken. Cook it to 165 degrees then shred.
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce (I like Stubbs or Sweet Baby Rays)
- Brown sugar
- apple cider vinegar
- Yellow mustard
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper (chili powder can be substituted)
- Worchestire sauce
- Olive oil
How To Make Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
You are going to start of by making the homemade BBQ sauce. Yes, I know we are using pre made BBQ sauce, but we are adding some ingredients to make it better and add flavor.
First start by adding the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, ground black pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, worchestire sauce and olive oil to your slow cooker. With a spatula or large spoon. Combine all the ingredients together until the are well combined.
Then, place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover them with the BBQ sauce. Add crock pot lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours. Chicken will be done once it reaches 165 degrees. The chicken will be easy to shred with a pair of forks.
How To Shred BBQ Pulled Chicken
Hands down the easiest way to shred chicken is with a hand mixer. You will want to place the chicken in a large bowl. If you shred it in your crock pot you could damage the finish. Then break the chicken into shreds with the hand mixer on the low setting. It is best to use heavier duty straight wire beats. This is a great way to shred a large amount of chicken.
No mixer? No problem. You can shred the chicken with two forks. You will use one fork to hold the chicken steady. With the other fork tear the chicken into small shreds.
I love to hear feedback on my recipes. Let me know if you like this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe. You can comment below or send me a DM on any of my social media platforms.
Crock Pot BBQ ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A easy slower cooker recipe to make the perfect BBQ pulled chicken at home in your crock pot. This is the perfect recipe for any picnic or party. (Also known as crock pot BBQ chicken!)
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups BBQ sauce (your favorite)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (chili powder can be substituted)
1/2 tablespoon worchestire sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, ground black pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, worchestire sauce and olive oil to your slow cooker. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the chicken breasts in the sauce and cover them completely with the sauce.
- Add crock pot lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours. Chicken will be done once it reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred with forks. You can also leave chicken in slow cooker and shred with a hand mixer.
- Add chicken back to slow cooker and incorporate into sauce then serve.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
More Recipes You Might Like
- The Best Meat Loaf Recipe – This goes amazing with these garlic mashed potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories406
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17%
- Cholesterol 140mg 47%
- Sodium 711mg 30%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 44g 88%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.