Easy Baked Peaches are tender, juicy and topped with a caramelized honey butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon glaze. Scoop some vanilla ice cream over the warm peaches for a sweet and creamy dessert.
If your looking for a delicious warm peach dessert, then you are going to love this Easy Baked Peaches recipe. It tastes just like a homemade peach pie, but takes half of the time to make. These baked peaches are best when they are eaten right out of the oven with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This is the perfect peaches-n-cream dessert.
The brown sugar and honey on top caramelizes while baking in the oven for the most delicious flavor. We absolutely love this recipe and make them frequently during peach season. Baked peaches are a simple dessert recipe that everyone will enjoy!
Ingredients for baked peaches
- Very Ripe Peaches
- Brown Sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
How to make baked peaches
I’m not lying when I tell you how easy this oven baked peach dessert is to make. It takes 35 minutes to prepare and have a warm delicious dessert ready to eat. Start by slicing each peach in half and removing the pit inside. Place peaches cut-side up in a large prepared baking dish and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl add very softened butter, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and mix well to combine ingredients. Mixture will be like a thin paste when you have mixed everything together. Generously spoon mixture on top of peach halves, filling the center and letting it drip off the sides.
Bake peaches in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until peaches are tender when poked with a fork. Remove from the oven and serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt spooned on top. Enjoy!
How to pick a ripe peach
Peaches get sweeter and juicier as they ripen. Squeezing them will tell you what stage they’re at. Gently press or squeeze the top (where the stem was) – if it just starts to give, it’s ripe and ready to eat. Ripe Peaches will also have a fragrant smell when they are ripe. Avoid peaches that have a green tint to them.
Tips for storing and reheating baked peaches
If you have any leftover peaches, you can store them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. When you are ready to eat your peaches, simply place them on a microwave safe plate and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until warm throughout. You can also reheat peaches in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
Easy Baked Peaches
- 6 very ripe peaches, cut in half and and pitted
- 4 Tbsp. butter, very softened
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Cut each peach in half, remove the pit, and place in prepared baking dish cut-side up.
- In a small bowl add very softened butter, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- Generously spoon the mixture over the peaches, filling the center and letting it drizzle over the peaches.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until peaches are tender when poked with a fork.
- Serve peaches warm and top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!