This Easy Cowboy Chicken Quesadilla is the cheesiest Tex-Mex quesadilla and comes loaded with flavor. With BBQ chicken, black bean and corn salsa, and melted pepper jack cheese, this Easy Cowboy Chicken Quesadilla will be ready and on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
Cowboy Chicken Quesadilla ingredients
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Chicken
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Black Beans
- Green Chili’s
- White Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
How to make black bean and corn salsa
This black bean and corn salsa is a must have when making the perfect Cowboy Chicken Quesadilla. The flavors of the salsa take this quesadilla to the next level.
Start by adding drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, green chili’s, cilantro, white wine vinegar, olive oil, honey and lime juice to a medium size mixings bowl. Stir to mix well. Set aside to let the flavors marinate while your prepare your BBQ chicken.
How to make shredded BBQ chicken
BBQ chicken and black bean and corn salsa are the perfect flavor combination for a delicious and easy cowboy quesadilla. My favorite part of this chicken quesadilla is how fast it comes together. I am a big fan of easy delicious meals that come together in less than 30 minutes. I am also a big fan of rotisseries chickens from my local grocery store. The chicken is juicy and easily shreds in minutes. In a medium size bowl add cooked shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Mix will.
How to make Cowboy Quesadilla
Start by heating a skillet over medium heat. Add a flour tortilla, shredded pepper jack cheese, BBQ chicken, and black bean and corn salsa. Once cheese starts to melt and the bottom tortilla is golden brown and crispy, add the top tortilla and carefully flip. When both sides of the quesadilla are golden brown and the cheese has melted, carefully remove from skillet and cut into triangles with a pizza cutter. Serve Cowboy Chicken Quesadillas with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!
Easy Cowboy Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 lb. cooked shredded chicken or one rotisserie chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I prefer to use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chili
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- In a medium size mixing bowl add, drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, green chili’s, cilantro, white wine vinegar, olive oil, honey and lime juice.
- Mix well and set aside to let the flavors marinate while you prepare your chicken.
- In a medium size bowl, add cooked shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Mix well to combine.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add tortilla, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup BBQ chicken, and 1/2 cup black bean and corn slasa.
- Once the bottom tortilla is golden brown and crispy, add top tortilla and carefully flip.
- When both tortillas are golden brown and cheese has melted, remove from skillet and cut into triangles with a pizza cutter.
- Serve quesadillas with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!
Have your tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!