This Salsa Chicken Taco bowl is an easy, healthy, and delicious weeknight family dinner that everyone will love. The Salsa chicken is cooked in the crock pot all day and becomes so tender and juicy. The great thing about this recipe, is that your family can customize their own bowl to their liking. You can make this Salsa Chicken Taco Bowl and please even the pickiest eaters.
Ingredients to make Salsa Chicken Bowl
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Long grain rice
- Cilantro Avocado dressing ( I like Bolthouse the best)
How to make Salsa Chicken
This crockpot salsa chicken is as easy as it gets to make and is so full of flavor. Throw your chicken in your crockpot in the morning and let the flavors marinate all day. You can even make this salsa chicken in your instant pot for a faster cooking process. Add Chicken breasts to crockpot, sprinkle taco seasoning on top, and then add your salsa. Put the lid on and let it cook for 4-6 hours on low. That’s it!!! Easy right?!
When your salsa chicken is cooked through, slice chicken into strips and let it remain sitting in the crockpot to soak up all the yummy juice.
How to make cilantro lime rice
Cilantro lime rice is so easy to make and taste just like your favorite Mexican restaurant. Add water, rice, and lime zest to a medium size skillet or pot. Cook rice according to package directions.
Once rice is cooked and becomes tender, add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine.
How to make Salsa Chicken Taco Bowl
Once your cilantro lime rice is cooked, it’s time to make your Salsa Chicken Taco Bowl. Start by adding cilantro lime rice to your bowl. Add black beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, sliced salsa chicken, lime, and top with cilantro avocado dressing. Add as little or as much of the toppings as your would like.
Salsa Chicken Taco Bowl
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups long grain rice(or any rice you prefer)
- zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Pico de Gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- 1 cup cilantro avocado dressing, or dressing of your choice
Preparing the chicken
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa on top of chicken and cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, cut chicken into slices and leave it in the crockpot to continue soaking up the juices.
Preparing the rice
- Add water, rice, and lime zest to a medium size pot. Cook according to package directions.
- Once rice is cooked, add juice of 2 limes and cilantro. Stir to combine.
Making your taco bowl
- Add cilantro lime rice to your bowl. Top with sliced salsa chicken, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and top with cilantro avocado dressing. Enjoy!!
Other favorite recipes
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- Best Shephard’s Pie Recipe
- Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders
- One Pan Creamy Chicken And Bacon
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
This is differently going to be on the menu for Memorial Day dinner