Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are loaded with tender chicken, fresh pineapple, crunchy peppers, marinated in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce, and grilled to perfection. They are easy to make and will be the perfect addition to your summer BBQ with family and friends. If you loved our Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl, you are going to LOVE this recipe as well!
Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken Breasts
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Rice Vinegar
- Ground Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- Wooden Skewers
How to make grilled teriyaki chicken kabobs
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are so easy to prepare and will make the perfect dinner out on the back patio. Start by cutting the chicken, peppers, and onion into bite size pieces and add them to a medium size mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ground ginger, minced garlic and honey and whisk until combined. Add 6 Tbsp. of the teriyaki sauce to the chicken and vegetables and stir to coat ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate for 30- 60 minutes. Cut pineapple into chunks and set aside until chicken has marinated
Once chicken has had a chance to marinate, thread chicken, peppers, onions, and pineapple onto skewers alternatively, leaving some space on both ends of the skewers. Add the remaining teriyaki sauce to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry and whisk until it becomes slightly thickened. Take 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce and baste chicken skewers on both sides. Grill chicken skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove grilled teriyaki chicken kabobs from the grill and baste with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Serve over white or brown rice for a complete meal.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, cute into bite size pieces
- 1 medium pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. water
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces and add them to a medium size bowl.
- Cut bell peppers and red onion into bite size pieces and add them to the bowl with chicken.
- Cut pineapple into chunks and set aside.
- In a small bowl add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger garlic and honey. Whisk to combine ingredients well.
- Add 6 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce to chicken, peppers, and onions and mix well to coat ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Soak wooden skewers in water while chicken is marinating in the fridge.
- Remove chicken from the fridge. Thread chicken, peppers, onion, and pineapple onto skewers alternatively, leaving space on both ends of the skewer.
- Add the remaining teriyaki sauce to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Mix cornstarch and water together in a small cup and add cornstarch slurry to teriyaki sauce. Whisk until sauce become slightly thick.
- Take 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce and baste skewers on both sides. Grill skewers on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the grill and baste with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Serve chicken kabobs with white or brown rice. Enjoy
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!