If you love quick, easy, and delicious family dinners for your busy week nights, then look no further!! This Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl is easy to make and will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Our Teriyaki Chicken is made with our homemade teriyaki sauce and is full of flavor! Ditch the takeout and make this delicious teriyaki chicken at home! Your family will thank you!
Ingredients For Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
*Boneless skinless chicken breasts
*Low sodium soy sauce
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
I’m telling you, this Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl is so easy to make. It will take you less time to prepare it than it does to order takeout and pick it up! Start by heating oil in a large skillet on medium high heat and adding cubed chicken. Brown your chicken until it is cooked through and it is no longer pink in the middle.
How to make homemade teriyaki sauce
While your chicken is browning, you can prepare your homemade teriyaki sauce! In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch.
Once your chicken is browned and cooked through, add your homemade teriyaki sauce to your skillet and continue to cook stirring until the Teriyaki sauce has thickened.
Serve your teriyaki chicken immediately with white or brown rice and vegetables of your choice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add cubed chicken and brown chicken until cooked through and it is no longer pink.
- While Chicken is browning, prepare your teriyaki sauce! In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch.
- Once Chicken is browned and cooked through, add your homemade teriyaki sauce to your skillet and continue to cook stirring until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately with white or brown rice and vegetables of your choice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
More Amazing Recipes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Hamburger Casserole
- Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Gourmet Mac & Cheese with Tuscan Chicken