If you love all the delicious flavors of a classic homemade lasagna, but don’t want all the work and dishes, you are going to love our Lasagna Soup Recipe. The best part about this hearty Lasagna Soup recipe, is that everything is made in one pot. You can’t beat that!
Let’s be honest, lasagna takes a lot of time to make and I hate washing all the dishes, so lasagna used to be a treat at our house until I started making this Lasagna Soup Recipe.
Now picture all the tasty Italian flavors contained within a lasagna, but in a soup form. Amazing, right?!
This Lasagna soup is so tasty, with the flavors of ricotta cheese and Italian seasonings all mixed in with noodles and a tomato base. Not to mention, it is so easy to make!
How to make Lasagna Soup
My favorite part about this recipe is that it is cooked all in one pot! Start by adding ground beef, chopped onion, and minced garlic to a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and bring to a boil. Add bite size lasagna noodles, and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until noodles are tender.
In a small mixing bowl, add ricotta, shredded mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Stir well to combine.
Once soup is cooked and lasagna noodles are tender, ladle lasagna soup into bowls and add a large spoonful of the cheese mixture on top. Garnish with chopped parsley and Enjoy!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. basil, chopped (optional)
- Add ground beef, onions, and garlic to a large pot and cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano. Bring to a boil
- Add bite size lasagna noodles, and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Ladle lasagna soup into bowls, top with a large scoop of the cheese mixture and garnish with chopped parsley!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!