These Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders are so easy, and are one of our favorite meals that can be on the table in 30 minutes! Ham and melted swiss cheese baked between sweet Hawaiian rolls, and topped with a buttery poppy seed sauce. I mean, who doesn’t love to eat anything that comes on a Hawaiian roll?! This is sure to become a family favorite in your home!
Ham and cheese sliders
These easy ham and cheese sliders are perfect for game day, holiday parties, or pair them with a side dish for a delicious family dinner recipe. Ham and cheese sliders are some of my families favorite foods. I mean, who doesn’t love anything cooked inside a soft King’s Hawaiian roll??
I love making sliders as an appetizer and some of our favorite slider recipes are our:
Ingredients needed for Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders
- King’s Hawaiian rolls
- Swiss Cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon Mustard
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced onion
- Worcestershire sauce
How to make the best Ham And Cheese Sliders
Start by carefully cutting your King’s Hawaiian rolls in half. Take the top half of the rolls and set them aside. Take half of your ham and place a layer on top of the Hawaiian rolls. Add a layer of swiss cheese, and top with the other half of your ham. Add the top half of the Hawaiian rolls and set aside.
Now it’s time to prepare the yummy buttery topping that makes these Ham And Swiss Cheese Sliders oh so yummy! Start by melting butter in a small-medium microwave safe bowl. Add poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, dried minced onion, and Worcestershire sauce, stir to mix well.
Pour your buttery topping evenly over top of your ham and cheese sliders. Cover with aluminum foil and place sliders in a preheated 350F oven for 25 minutes.
Once your ham and cheese sliders are out of the oven, serve immediately! These sliders pair well with potato chips, French fries, or our Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges. Enjoy!
Can I use a different kind of cheese?
Yes, you can definitely use any cheese you have on hand. Cheddar, Colby Jack, and provolone are all good options for these sliders.
Do I have you use poppy seeds?
No, you don’t have to add the poppy seeds if you prefer not too. I personally love them with the poppy seeds, but feel free to leave them out.
Tips For Making The Best Hawaiian Sliders
- When Cutting Hawaiian Rolls in half, make sure you keep the top and bottom half of the rolls in one piece. I used a sharp serrated knife and made sure to cut slowly to avoid the top half of the rolls from tearing..
- Don’t skip the buttery topping!!! This is what makes these sliders so delicious.
- If you have leftover sliders, the best way to reheat them is in the oven. This will keep the buns from getting soggy.
Other favorite recipes
- Homemade Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Baked Cheese Tortellini
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- Taco Spaghetti
Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders
- 12 count Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 lb. sliced deli ham
- 1 pkg. sliced swiss cheese 12 slices
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half with a sharp serrated knife. Take the top half of the rolls and set them aside
- Place the bottom slab of rolls in prepared baking dish. Take half of the sliced ham, and place an even layer on top of the bottom slab of rolls
- Evenly layer all the swiss cheese on top of ham.
- Layer remaining ham on top of cheese.
- Place the top half of the Hawaiian rolls back on top. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter. Add poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, dried minced onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Evenly pour buttery topping over Hawaiian roll slides.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!