As a busy mom of three kiddos, who are involved in dance and sports, our weeknights are BUSY running kids back and forth to activities while also wrangling a toddler. I love to make easy, but tasty dinners to feed my family even on our busiest nights. These Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders are one of our favorite meals, and can be on the table in 30 minutes!. I mean, who doesn’t love to eat anything that comes on a sweet Hawaiian roll?! The best part of our Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders, is the buttery Dijon, poppy seed, and onion topping. This is sure to become a family favorite in your home!
Ingredients needed for Homemade Ham And Cheese Sliders
- King’s Hawaiian rolls
- Swiss Chees
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon Mustard
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced onion
- Worcestershire sauce
How to make the perfect Ham And Cheese Sliders
Start by carefully cutting your King’s Hawaiian rolls in half. Take the top half of the rolls and set them aside. Take half of your ham and place a layer on top of the Hawaiian rolls. Add a layer of swiss cheese, and top with the other half of your ham. Add the top half of the Hawaiian rolls and set aside.
Now it’s time to prepare the yummy buttery topping that makes these Ham And Swiss Cheese Sliders oh so yummy! Start by melting butter in a small-medium heat safe bowl. Add poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, dried minced onion, and Worcestershire sauce, stir to mix well. Pour your buttery topping evenly over top of your ham and cheese sliders. Cover with aluminum foil and place sliders in a preheated 325F oven for 25 minutes.
Once your ham and cheese sliders are out of the oven, serve immediately! These sliders pair well with potato chips, French fries, or our Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Hawaiian Sliders
- When Cutting Hawaiian Rolls in half, make sure you keep the top and bottom half of the rolls in one piece. I used a sharp serrated knife and made sure to cut slowly to avoid the top half of the rolls from tearing..
- Don’t skip the buttery topping!!! This is what makes these sliders so delicious.
- If you have leftover sliders, the best way to reheat them is in the oven. This will keep the buns from getting soggy.
Homemade Ham And Cheese SlidersCourse: Appetizers, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
12 count Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half
1 lb. sliced deli ham
1 package sliced swiss cheese (12 count)
1 stick butter, melted
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. dried minced onion
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half with a sharp serrated knife. Take the top half of the rolls and set them aside
- Take half of the sliced ham, and place an even layer on top of the bottom slab of rolls
- Evenly layer all the swiss cheese on top of ham.
- Layer remaining ham on top of cheese.
- Place the top half of the Hawaiian rolls back on top. Set aside.
- In a heat safe bowl melt butter. Add poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, dried minced onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Evenly pour buttery topping over Hawaiian roll slides.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Make sure to keep the top and bottom half of rolls together when slicing. Don’t break up individual rolls.
Other Favorite Food Recipes
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!