This One Pan Creamy Chicken And Bacon recipe is comfort food at its finest! The creamy sauce smothered on top of juicy breaded chicken and topped with crispy bacon is heaven in a skillet! I love all the flavors in this dish, but I really love that it is cooked in one pan for easy clean up! You can have this restaurant style One Pan Creamy Chicken And Bacon even on your busy weeknights.
What You Will Need To Make Skillet Creamy Chicken And Bacon
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Garlic powder
- Chicken broth
- Lemon Juice
- Heavy Whipping Cream
How To Make Skillet Creamy Chicken And Bacon
Start by frying your bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until it is done and crispy. Cut bacon into pieces with kitchen scissors or a knife and set aside. Leave about 4 Tbsp. bacon fat in your skillet. Prepare chicken by seasoning both sides of the boneless skinless chicken breasts with garlic powder and pepper if desired. Once seasoned, coat both sides of the chicken breasts in flour. Add the flour coated chicken to your skillet with bacon fat, and cook chicken through until it is a golden brown color and no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
How To Make Creamy Sauce
Once Chicken is cooked and removed from skillet, it is time to prepare your creamy sauce. Wipe skillet clean and add chicken broth, butter and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in heavy whipping cream and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce starts to bubble and become creamy. Add chicken and bacon back into skillet and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until sauce is thick and creamy.
What to serve with Skillet Creamy Chicken And Bacon
Our One Pan Creamy Chicken And Bacon pairs well served over white or brown rice, or our delicious Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes.
One Pan Creamy Chicken And BaconCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 Strips of bacon, cut into pieces
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 tsp. garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fry bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until it is done and crispy. Cut bacon into pieces with kitchen scissors or a knife and set aside.
- Leave 4 Tbsp. bacon fat in skillet.
- Pour flour In a shallow baking dish or medium size bowl.
- Season Chicken with garlic powder and pepper.
- Place chicken in bowl with flour and coat both sides.
- Add the flour coated chicken to the skillet with bacon fat and cook until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove Chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean and add chicken broth, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce starts to bubble.
- Add Chicken and bacon back to skillet and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice or Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Have You Tried This Recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!