These Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs are a party favorite and so easy to make! Just three ingredients are all you need for these sweet and tangy meatballs. Serve them as an appetizer or main dish. Using frozen meatballs, grape jelly, and BBQ sauce, you’ve probably never had an easier recipe to make!
What Are Meatballs?
A meatball is ground meat that is formed into a small, round shape. Meatballs are traditionally made from beef, pork, or lamb, but can also be made from chicken, turkey, fish, or vegetarian ingredients. They are often served as an appetizer or main dish and can be cooked in a variety of ways including baking, frying, or simmered in sauce.
Can I Make These Crockpot Jelly Meatballs Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can! Simply thaw the meatballs according to the recipe instructions and then refrigerate them until you’re ready to cook. When you’re ready to make the dish, simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook according to the recipe directions.
Ingredients Needed for Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Grape Jelly
- BBQ Sauce
- Frozen Meatballs
How To Make Grape Jelly Meatballs In The Slow Cooker
1-Mix your favorite BBQ sauce and grape jelly in slow cooker.
2-Add frozen meatballs and stir to combine well.
3-Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2 hours.
5-Serve over rice and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love These Grape Jelly Meatballs in The Crockpot
- Simple to make: just mix all ingredients in a bowl and then cook!
- Saucy and sweet: these grape jelly meatballs have the perfect balance of sweetness and savoriness.
- Crowd-pleaser: everyone loves a good meatball, making this dish perfect for parties or potlucks.
Variation Options for Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- If you want a little extra zing, try adding a tablespoon or two of hot sauce to the grape jelly and ketchup mixture.
- For a more festive dish, try using cranberry jelly instead of grape jelly.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, no worries! These grape jelly meatballs can easily be made in the oven. Just bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
No matter how you make them, these crock pot grape jelly meatballs are sure to be a hit!
FAQ’S For Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
Can I Make Homemade Meatballs?
Yes, you can make your own homemade meatballs. You can use any kind of ground meat for this recipe, but we are using a package of frozen meatballs. If you’re using leaner meats, you may need to add some additional fat to the mixture to help keep the meatballs moist.
Can I Use a Different Type Of Jelly?
You can use any kind of jelly or preserves that you like. If you want to make a more savory meatball, you could even use chutney.
What Is the Best Way To Keep Meatballs From Sticking To The Slow Cooker?
If you’re concerned about the meatballs sticking to the slow cooker, you can line the bottom of the slow cooker with a layer of foil or parchment paper.
Do I Have to Precook The Meatballs?
No, you don’t have to precook the meatballs. If you’re using frozen meatballs, they will cook through in the slow cooker. If you’re using fresh meatballs, you may want to brown them lightly in a pan before adding them to the slow cooker.
How Long Do These Meatballs Take To Cook?
These meatballs will take about 4-5 hours to cook on low, or 1-2 hours on high. If you’re using fresh meatballs, they may cook faster.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or triple this recipe. Just make sure you have a large enough slow cooker to accommodate all of the meatballs.
Extra Tips for Making the Best Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Use good quality ground beef or pork.
- Mix the meatball ingredients well so that they are evenly distributed.
- Make sure the meatballs are not too large or they will take too long to cook through.
This might just be the best Slow Cooker Meatballs recipe we’ve made. The combination of ingredients results in a delicious, juicy meatball that is perfect for serving as an appetizer or main dish. We highly recommend giving this recipe a try, you won’t be disappointed!
More Delicious Meatball Recipes
- The Best Sweet And Sour Meatballs
- Baked Italian Meatball Sliders
- Instant Pot Rigatoni And Meatballs
- Sticky Asian Glazed Meatballs
Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 18 oz. BBQ Sauce
- 18 oz. Grape Jelly
- 32 oz. Package Frozen Meatballs
- Mix your favorite BBQ sauce and grape jelly in slow cooker.
- Add frozen meatballs and stir to combine well.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on low for 2 hours.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too! Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!