This Thai Peanut Curry Recipe includes onions, carrots, potatoes, and chicken simmered in a Thai Inspired Peanut red curry sauce, and served over steamed rice. It’s easy to make and will be ready to serve in just 30 minutes. This flavorful Thai Peanut Curry Recipe is simple, delicious, and will taste just like it came from your favorite Thai restaurant.
What is Thai Curry?
Thai curry refers to dishes in Thai cuisine that are made with various types of curry paste. Red, green, yellow, massamam, and panang are the most common curry pastes. A Thai curry dish is made from curry paste, coconut milk, meat, seafood, vegetables and herbs. Thai curries tend to be more soup-like compared to their thicker Indian cousins and are served over rice or noodles.
Ingredients for Thai Peanut Curry
- Chicken Breasts
- Red Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Lime Juice
How to make Thai Peanut Curry
This Thai Peanut Curry is made in one pot for easy clean up. Start by adding oil to a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, potatoes, and sauté for 4- 5 minutes. Add chicken, ground ginger, minced garlic and red curry paste. Mix well to combine and sauté for a couple more minutes, then stir in coconut milk.
Simmer dish over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until carrots and potatoes become soft. Stir in peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve with rice ( Jasmine, white, brown) or noodles and top with chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
Thai Peanut Curry Recipe
- 2 carrots, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (coconut or vegetable oil can also be used)
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 -4oz. jar red curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- 5 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- In a large skillet or pot add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add diced onions, chopped carrots, chopped potatoes and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken ground ginger, minced garlic, red curry paste and mix well to combine. Sauté for a couple more minutes and then stir in coconut milk.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until carrots and potatoes become soft.
- Stir in peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve over rice (Jasmine, white, or brown) and garnish with chopped peanuts.
Have your tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!