This is the best homemade peach crisp recipe with fresh peaches. It is simple to make with fresh, juicy peaches, oats, and a cinnamon sugar mixture, this sweet and fruity fall dessert is absolutely irresistible!
My favorite part of the year is probably peach season. I absolutely love making fresh peach recipes like our Homemade Peach Pie Recipe, Peach Cobbler, Peach Hand Pies, and our Easy Baked Peaches . There are so many ways to enjoy delicious fresh peaches and make yummy peach dessert recipes. My absolute favorite peach recipe when I want something warm, and cozy is definitely this homemade peach crisp. I love the cinnamon and brown sugar flavors mixed with the tartness of the peaches. Add in the texture of the oats, and you have the perfect, warm dessert.
There are a lot of recipes floating around out there for variations of peach crisp, but I have to say that this one is my favorite. It is simple to make and it’s a dessert that even my little picky eaters enjoy. To make this peach crisp recipe, start by coating your peeled and sliced peaches with sugar and lemon juice. Let these sit and get started on the topping mixture. To make the topping, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt, baking powder, and oats. This sweet, crisp topping is what really sets this easy peach crisp apart from the others! Once your topping is mixed, use a cheese grater and grate cold butter into the mixture, then mix it with a fork until it looks like crumbs. Next, drain your fresh peaches and toss them in flour. Spread them out in a baking dish and sprinkle the crumb topping over the top. Now it is ready to bake! An added bonus, your house will smell amazing while this peach crisp with fresh peaches is in the oven! Once it is done baking, all you have to do is let it cool, and you will be ready to serve the best peach crisp.
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Peach Crisp
- This peach crisp recipe combines the perfect sweet, fruity, buttery flavors.
- This is the perfect warm, cozy fall dessert (although, you can truly enjoy it any time of the year!)
- This easy peach crisp doesn’t take long to prep.
- This dessert is a great way to use fresh, juicy peaches.
- This recipe makes a large pan full of peach crisp, making it a great dessert option if you are entertaining a crowd.
Ingredients You’ll need to make this Peach Crisp Recipe
- Peaches: This peach crisp recipe is made with fresh peaches, but canned and frozen also work well.
- Sugar: White sugar is used to sprinkle on the fresh peaches to create some delicious juices.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh squeezed lemons are best in this peach crisp recipe, but bottled lemon juice will work as well.
- Flour: All purpose flour is used to make the oat crumble.
- Brown Sugar: Is used in the oat crumble.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is such a yummy combination with fresh peaches.
- Salt: Table salt is the best option.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is a leavening agent used in the oat crumble.
- Oats: I prefer the texture of old fashioned oats over instant oat.
- Butter: Using unsalted butter will cut down on the salt content in your peach crisp recipe.
How to make Peach Crisp with Fresh Peaches
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 inch pie plate or an 8 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Step 2: In a medium size bowl add peeled, sliced peaches, white granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside while you make the crumb topping.
- Step 3: In a small to medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and oats.
- Step 4: Using a cheese grater, grate cold butter into oat mixture and stir with a fork until well combined and looks like small crumbs.
- Step 5: Drain juice from peaches and toss peaches with flour until well coated.
- Step 6: Scoop peaches into a prepared baking dish.
- Step 7: Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over peaches.
- Step 8: Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until crumb topping is lightly golden brown.
- Step 9: Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Step 10: Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Popular Substitutions and Additions
I love fresh peaches in this homemade peach crisp, but you can use canned peaches instead. Just be sure to drain them. You can also use frozen peaches.
You can either use freshly squeezed lemon juice or bottled lemon juice in this peach crisp.
What to Serve with Homemade Peach Crisp
This peach crisp is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! If you like your desserts extra sweet, you can also drizzle caramel syrup over the top. Caramel and peaches together is so delicious!
Peach Crisp Recipe FAQ’s
If I am using canned peaches, should I get the ones in juice or in heavy syrup?
For this homemade peach crisp, I recommend getting the ones in juice, not in the heavy syrup. Make sure that you drain them and pat them dry before coating them with the flour.
If I use frozen peaches in this homemade peach crisp, should I thaw them first?
Yes, if you decide to use frozen peaches, make sure that you thaw them and drain them first.
How can I make the topping if I don’t have a cheese grater?
If you don’t have a cheese grater, you can slice your butter into very small pieces and mix it in with a fork.
How to store and reheat leftover peach crisp with fresh peaches
Once the peach crisp has had a chance to completely cool, cover it tightly and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days. When you are ready to reheat, place individual servings in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warm. If you prefer to reheat the entire dish, place in a 300F oven for 15-20 minutes or until warm throughout.
Other favorite homemade dessert recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- Lemon Bars
- Nutella Puff Pastry
- Best Key Lime Bars
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake bites
Don’t forget to come back and let us know how your best homemade peach crisp recipe with fresh peaches turned out!
The Best Homemade Peach Crisp Recipe (with Fresh Peaches)
- 6 cups sliced peaches about 6-7 medium peaches
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 inch pie plate or an 8 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl add peeled, sliced peaches, white granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside while you make the crumb topping.
- In a small to medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and oats.
- Using a cheese grater, grate cold butter into oat mixture and stir with a fork until well combined and looks like small crumbs.
- Drain juice from peaches and toss with flour until well coated.
- Scoop peaches into a prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over peaches.
- Baked in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until crumb topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!