This Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa is delicious in every way. Creamy, savory, and the perfect dish without leaving your house.
Imagine making these penne noodles that are drowned in delicious tomato sauce. Without a doubt, this Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa is comfort food at its finest
What is Penne Rosa?
It is one of the popular dishes from Noodles & Company. The copycat dish features penne pasta in a creamy sauce. It also has yellow onion, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese. So, if you’re trying to copycat this dish and make it at home, this recipe is for you!
Ingredients to Make Penne Rosa
- Unsalted butter – A little unsalted butter will help make the creamy dish.
- Yellow onion – The yellow onion should be diced.
- Minced garlic – You can mince your garlic or buy minced garlic.
- Dried oregano – This is an important ingredient because it gives so much flavor.
- Black pepper and salt – A little bit goes a long way!
- Spaghetti sauce – You can also use homemade spaghetti sauce if you prefer.
- Heavy cream – With heavy cream, you’ll be able to make the creamy sauce.
- Red pepper flakes – More or less to taste. If you like it spicy, add more!
- Penne pasta – Make sure it’s cooked al-dente and you can use any brand.
- Parmesan cheese – You’ll want the parmesan cheese for serving.
How to Store This Penne Rosa Recipe
You can store this Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa recipe in an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to reheat, add a little water or chicken broth and heat until warm.
Variation Options for This Penne Rosa Recipe
- If you want to add more protein, you could add in some grilled chicken or shrimp.
- You could also add in some spinach or other greens.
- Want a little bit of a crunch, you could add in some crumbled bacon.
FAQs for Making Penne Rosa
How can I make this dish gluten-free?
If you want to make this gluten-free dish, all you need to do is use gluten-free pasta. You can find this type of pasta in most grocery stores now.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! This Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just reheat when you’re ready to eat!
What can I serve with this dish?
There are a few things you could serve with this Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa. Some options include a simple green salad, garlic bread, or even some roasted vegetables.
What is Parma Rosa sauce made of?
Parma Rosa sauce contains heavy cream, diced onion, minced garlic, oregano, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Is Rosa sauce the same as vodka sauce?
Rosa sauce is similar to vodka sauce but it doesn’t have vodka in it.
What can I use instead of heavy cream?
If you’re looking for a lighter version, you could use milk instead of heavy cream. Just note that the sauce won’t be as creamy.
Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa is something you’ll enjoy making for your friends and family. Copycat recipes are a great way to show off your culinary skills without spending hours in the kitchen. This dish is easy to make and can be on the table in no time!
Other favorite pasta dishes
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Baked Mac N Cheese
- The Best Lasagna Rolls Ups
- Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta
Copycat Noodles And Company Penne Rosa
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 16 oz. penne pasta, cooked al-dente
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook pasta al-dente according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and add onion. Cook until fragrant and onions become translucent in color.
- Add garlic and oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add pasta sauce, stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the pasta sauce is heated through.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine well.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta until coated completely.
- Garnish with Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!