Savor the flavor of an Island-style meal with this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Slaw. It’s a sweet and savory dish that goes great on a bun or a bed of whit rice.
If you enjoy sweet and savory meals, give this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Slaw a try. The juicy, tender chicken is loaded with flavor and will melt in your mouth. Be sure to pair it with a large bun or your favorite fried rice variation to complete the dish!
Easy meals are always a win in my household. If I can spend less time in the kitchen on a busy day, it’s a good thing! It’s one of the many reasons I love this Hawaiian Chicken in Crock Pot meal. Besides adding the ingredients to the slow cooker, I don’t have to do much other than wait for it to be ready and serve it to my loved ones! So, if you’re anything like me and looking for ways to make an impressive meal that doesn’t require tons of ingredients or take you all day to make, give this recipe a try. It’s amazing!
Why You’ll Love This Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
I could rave over this chicken for days because it’s truly that good. Expect to love it for some of the following reasons:
- Juicy – Don’t worry about biting into any dry chicken when you make this dish. It’s so juicy and tender that it literally falls apart on the fork.
- Sweet – It has the perfect sweet touch that really takes this chicken to the next level. While it’s sweet, it’s not TOO sweet.
- Simple – I love that I can toss the ingredients in the slow cooker, leave this on for about eight hours, and let it cook while getting a bunch of other things done throughout the day. It’s so convenient.
Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken Ingredients
With ingredients like these, you’ll be able to make a fantastic meal in no time.
- Chicken breasts
- Pineapple juice
- Brown sugar
- BBQ sauce
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Pineapple tidbits
- Minced Garlic
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pineapple Tidbits
How To Make Pineapple Slaw
To make the pineapple slaw, you will need mayonnaise coleslaw mix, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and pineapple tidbits. Of course, you’ll be using salt and pepper to help ensure the slaw comes out tasting great!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Variations
- Make your Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Slaw spicier by adding red pepper chili flakes to the slow cooker. Even toss in a bit of cayenne pepper or jalapenos for an added kick!
- You can use pork for this recipe if you don’t have chicken thighs. Of course, you may need to adjust the time a bit.
- Add some veggies into the mix. It’s a good idea if you’re trying to sneak veggies into your kiddo’s diet. You can add chopped red, orange, and yellow peppers, along with diced pieces of carrot and even broccoli!
Hawaiian Chicken Tips
- While you can serve this chicken with all kinds of sides, it tastes amazing with white rice. You can prepare homemade rice or use minute rice for a quick fix.
- Allow your meat to marinate for about 30-60 minutes before adding it to your slow cooker to really soak up all that flavor.
- Don’t have diced pineapple, use crushed pineapple in this recipe as an alternative.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken FAQs
Can I make this dish with chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Yes! While we all know chicken breasts are super flavorful, you can still make this meal taste amazing when using chicken thighs
What should I serve with it?
You can serve this chicken with rice and veggies. Broccoli is an excellent veggie to pair with this sweet, tasty chicken.
Can I make this meal with pork chops?
Definitely. If you prefer pork, feel free to replace the chicken thighs with pork chops
Is it safe to use liquid aminos as a soy sauce alternative?
You can swap out the soy sauce for liquid aminos with no problem if you want a healthier alternative.
Make this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Slaw and impress your entire family. It’s sweet, savory, and super delicious.
More delicious slow cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken With Pineapple Slaw
- 3 large chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 pkg. coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, BBQ sauce, soy sauce minced garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and ground ginger until mixed well.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker, pour sauce mixture over chicken, and top with pineapple tidbits.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred with two large forks.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with pineapple coleslaw or serve on a bed of white or brown rice. Enjoy!
- In a medium-large mixing bowl whisk coleslaw by whisking mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and black pepper until smooth and creamy.
- Add coleslaw mix and pineapple tidbits and toss to coat well.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear about your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!