This is the best meatloaf recipe ever and is so easy to make! It comes out juicy every time and has the most amazing flavor. Made with ground beef, spices, onion soup mix, and a tangy glaze. It will become one of your family’s favorite homemade recipes.
This hands down is The Best Meatloaf recipe ever. I have spent years tweaking and changing this homemade meatloaf recipe until my entire family loved it. It has the perfect consistency and has amazing flavor. Best of all it is topped off with a tangy sauce that completes this classic recipe. You will find that this is a really easy recipe and will be one of your favorite go to dinners.
In the past meatloaf has received a bad rap from being to tough or to being soggy. If you follow this recipe you will have the juiciest and most flavorful meatloaf ever. Here is a list of ingredients you will need for your homemade meatloaf.
Ingredients To Make The Best Meatloaf Recipe
- Ground Beef: I prefer 80/20 using a high fat content beef with make the juiciest meatloaf. If you prefer a leaner ground beef. I suggest adding more wet ingredients like ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and milk to keep it from drying out.
- Eggs: This is the key ingredient to help keep everything together.
- Ketchup: Used in both the glaze and in the meatloaf to add a tangy flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce: A key ingredient in meatloaf and adds so much depth of flavor.
- Yellow mustard: Helps add a little zing to the flavor.
- Breadcrumbs: Italian seasoning bread crumbs are my go to for this recipe. Because they add so much flavor. You can use any type of bread crumb that you like as long as are dry and not fresh.
- Milk: Used to add moisture to the breadcrumbs to help bind everything together.
- Salt & Black Pepper: I’ve listed recommended amounts since obviously you should never taste test raw meat. Add more if desired after cooking.
- Lipton beefy onion soup: This is what add the most flavor. If you can not find this Lipton onion soup will work as well.
- Brown Sugar: Perfect to add a hint of sweetness to the tangy glaze.
How To Make The Best Meatloaf Recipe
The first thing you will want to do is ditch the pan and bake this on a baking sheet. I have found that if you use a pan the meatloaf comes out mushy. So you will want to line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat it with cooking spray. Then set it aside and grab a medium mixing bowl. You will want to mix the eggs, milk, and breadcrumbs and set them aside.
Next, you will add the ground beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, and Lipton beefy onion soup to a large bowl. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients until well combined. Then mix in eggs, milk, and breadcrumbs.
Once your ingredients are mixed well form it into an 8″x4″ loaf on the prepared baking tray. Then bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
How To Make The Best Meatloaf Sauce
A perfect blend of sweet and tangy.
In a small bowl you will mix the ketchup and brown sugar. Start the sauce about 5 minutes before the meatloaf is done cooking. Then spread the sauce over the meatloaf and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. The total cook time will be 55-60 minutes.
Why Does My Meatloaf Fall Apart?
The most common reason that your meatloaf is falling apart. Is that you did not use enough binding ingredients. This recipe calls for eggs and bread crumbs because they are key ingredients that keep the meat stuck together. Not letting your meatloaf rest is another common reason why your meatloaf is falling apart. Rest the meatloaf for 10 minutes. This gives the juices time to redistribute and settle back into the beef. This will also ensure you have the juiciest meatloaf.
Tips For The Best Meatloaf
- DO NOT OVERMIX! Over mixing will cause the the meatloaf to be dense and tough. Mix just enough to mix everything together and bind.
- Use a baking sheet so the meat does not steam itself in a pan. Line the baking sheet in aluminum foil and coat the foil with a cooking spray. This will add the perfect amount of crispiness to the outside.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until the inside temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- I have spent a lot of time tweaking this classic meatloaf recipe and I am sure if you follow all the tips and my recipe. You will have the best classic meatloaf recipe ever.
Best Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef ( I prefer 80/20)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 cup Italian seasoning bread crumbs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 packet Lipton beefy onion soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. line your baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray. Then set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk, and breadcrumbs. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Then, add ground beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, salt, pepper and Lipton Beefy Onion Soup. Use your hands to mush and mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Form a 8″x4″ loaf on the prepared baking tray. Then, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and ketchup. Spread the mixture over the meatloaf and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. The total cook time will be 55-60 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160F.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving (or it may fall apart)
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!